Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
The reason I haven't really considered the Vette is two fold. One I love the clutch in the GT-R, two the whole bail-out is a sore point for me. Probably wouldn't be swayed into a Chevy again after 2007. I was in the car business back then, lost my home, two cars, and just about everything else. Our company didn't get a bail-out and I starved and fought through it. But, I can't say that there's not some resentment for those that did take the cash.. So, im my eyes, Vette's not on the table really. It's a nice machine, but I have some emotional scars from 2007 I wouldn't be able to get past I don't think.
The current GT-R doesn't have a clutch pedal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
Here's a shocker - a thread about the GT-R turns into a Corvette vs 911 peeing contest.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:39 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Corvette is good old American sports car.

GTR is about technology, always had the newer tech since the 2nd gen of GTR.

The driving tech in the vette have stayed pretty much the same throughout the years, V8 + RWD and recently supercharged and very been turboed.

If similar power-to-weight ratios the GTR will always be the faster car with the same tires. Because the GTR has computer programs that help control the steering and wheel power transfers. Vette requires more work and driver involvement. 2 different approaches.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 AM

819 posts, read 1,408,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
One doesn't require a pedal to have a clutch; and it has two, which engage and disengage impressively fast under full throttle.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:51 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Quote:
Yeah that's the beauty of it. You're doing 100 before you can blink.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Corvette is good old American sports car.

GTR is about technology, always had the newer tech since the 2nd gen of GTR.

The driving tech in the vette have stayed pretty much the same throughout the years, V8 + RWD and recently supercharged and very been turboed.

If similar power-to-weight ratios the GTR will always be the faster car with the same tires. Because the GTR has computer programs that help control the steering and wheel power transfers. Vette requires more work and driver involvement. 2 different approaches.
MRC+PTM in the vette now days...It's actually got more "computer help" than the GT-R. It's just RWD instead of AWD is all.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's the beauty of it. You're doing 100 before you can blink.
I'm a fan of rowing my own, user preference.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I'm a fan of rowing my own, user preference.
Yeah, we all have our own fantasies and preference and what not. I think it's been stated on this thread by the several GT-R owners that one of the main draws of the car is the tech that comes with it. Others have stated raw power and being able to hammer the controls is important to them, and then some mentioned the precisions of the Porche and it's track readiness. It's been a healthy conversation, we all have one thing in common. We love performance from our cars, and we all seem to have a similar passion for vehicles, and that's the glue to the fabric of America in a nut-shell.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we all have our own fantasies and preference and what not. I think it's been stated on this thread by the several GT-R owners that one of the main draws of the car is the tech that comes with it. Others have stated raw power and being able to hammer the controls is important to them, and then some mentioned the precisions of the Porche and it's track readiness. It's been a healthy conversation, we all have one thing in common. We love performance from our cars, and we all seem to have a similar passion for vehicles, and that's the glue to the fabric of America in a nut-shell.
Yep! Also...this is the car world. You can't be a true fanatic and not claim "Mine's better!", even if you can appreciate the other guy's ride.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yep! Also...this is the car world. You can't be a true fanatic and not claim "Mine's better!", even if you can appreciate the other guy's ride.
Well stated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive