Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,662,783 times

Advertisements

my husband parked his car on my bare foot.

If I was standing in the driveway when he pulled in, he would see how close he could get to me before I moved out of his way, and I was too stubborn to move out of the way. One time he parked on my foot and turned the motor off. I remember the look on his face when he realized what had happened. I think for a few seconds he wasn't sure whether to back up or just get out of the car and run for it.

It was summer and the pavement was soft. I don't remember being hurt but I do remember the panic I felt at being pinned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 02:02 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I knew a mechanic who had things go so wrong that he ended up with a car on that was on fire sitting on his foot.

Car is on the lift. Lincoln. He's working underneath.
He caused an electrical short underneath the back seat.
Reaches over and hits the air to let the car down. Locks the lever down.
Opens the back door to try to put the fire out.
Car settles on his foot.
Now, he can't get back to the air control, and he can't get the fire out.

It was Saturday. The sales staff heard him screaming his head off.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:11 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Once my grandfather got really drunk and passed out under a tree (with his legs sticking out). His brother ran over both legs with a truck. Grandpa didn't even wake up. No harm done.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:01 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,729,508 times
No, it won't break your foot.

The total weight of the car is distributed on 4 tires, so you'd only have a fraction of the cars total weight on your foot. The tire has a big enough "footprint" (hehe) to lessen the "crush" your foot would feel. The tires are filled with air which would make them softer than, say, an iron caster. Your shoe material would also absorb some of the weight. Thick soles would be ideal for having your foot run over (if you had time to suit up for it, of course).

So no, it doesn't hurt much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive