Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:33 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,395,429 times

Advertisements

I thought I had a good deal for this truck with a diesel engine. I have a another offer from dealer 60 miles down the road for a brand new 2014 2500 crew cab with 4x4 work truck with trailer package, trailer mirrors for 31,000. But this truck doesn't have diesel engine only a 6.0 gas engine.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 07:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,215,981 times
It's not a diesel or crew cab. The funny thing is most that buy diesels don't keep them long enough to get the value out of the premium price they paid for that diesel. Most diesels are a 8-9k option.
The wheels are a easy fix IMO. Plenty of stock take off wheels on CL for cheap. The mileage isn't that high I would just get them to throw in a FACTORY EXTENDED WARRANTY for free.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 PM

11,154 posts, read 29,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I thought I had a good deal for this truck with a diesel engine. I have a another offer from dealer 60 miles down the road for a brand new 2014 2500 crew cab with 4x4 work truck with trailer package, trailer mirrors for 31,000. But this truck doesn't have diesel engine only a 6.0 gas engine.

Thanks everyone for the help.
If you can hold off till after summer an till Fall/winter when the 2015 are forcing the dealers to unload new 2014's off their lots at steep discounts or huge incentives/rebates is when I would buy OP.

But that is just IMO if you need a new truck now then you need a new truck since better to have something to tow haul if you old rig is in need of a lot of repairs or in need of replacing.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,404,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm guessing the ghettofab wheels
1. Are you using racial code words?
2. Those rims look a little dressed up but nothing really "urban."

Also, aren't there realtively few people that will plunk down $35k for a pick up truck? Regular drivers would probably prefer a SUV.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,116,972 times
What makes you think it is not selling?

Old 06-14-2014, 09:04 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,297,022 times
Here's the question, why would you buy a 3/4 ton truck and put 30,000 miles on it in one year. The only reason would be to pull a big trailer on a cross country trip (10 times from coast to coast every month for one year) and then why just own it one year and not drive it for a few more years if there was nothing wrong with it!

I don't think the wheels and tires have anything to do with it.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,001,096 times
I'm going to guess and say it's because the asking price of $35k is wellllllllll above KBB.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:05 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,136,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
If you're going to pull a 5th wheel it needs to be diesel. If it's a Duramax that seems to be a good price.
Agreed. Some people pull small 5ers with gas, if they're not doing much mountain or high elevation towing and won't be towing much, but the Duramax is a much better engine for towing -- better power and better fuel economy. From reading the ad, my guess is that it's the 6.0 gasser.

It's a nice looking truck, but I agree the wheels/tires don't help.

What size 5er are you considering? Does this truck have a towing package? As a 5er owner myself, It's not the truck I'd want. I'd want diesel, crew cab, and probably a long box. I'd also go for a 1-ton, if for no other reason than it gives you more options when you decide to trade up to a bigger camper, which happens quite often.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,395,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Agreed. Some people pull small 5ers with gas, if they're not doing much mountain or high elevation towing and won't be towing much, but the Duramax is a much better engine for towing -- better power and better fuel economy. From reading the ad, my guess is that it's the 6.0 gasser.

It's a nice looking truck, but I agree the wheels/tires don't help.

What size 5er are you considering? Does this truck have a towing package? As a her owner myself, It's not the truck I'd want. I'd want diesel, crew cab, and probably a long box. I'd also go for a 1-ton, if for no other reason than it gives you more options when you decide to trade up to a bigger camper, which happens quite often.
The 5th wheel camper will be under 28 foot long maybe a toy hauler. I will not be towing alot with it. Parking Camper for long periods of time like a year or so. I can do with a plain jane truck with only single cab.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:16 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,215,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Here's the question, why would you buy a 3/4 ton truck and put 30,000 miles on it in one year. The only reason would be to pull a big trailer on a cross country trip (10 times from coast to coast every month for one year) and then why just own it one year and not drive it for a few more years if there was nothing wrong with it!

I don't think the wheels and tires have anything to do with it.
Not necessarily. Up till a few months ago all I bought was 3/4 and 1 tons. He probably traded it in because a true crew cab is simply more user friendly and maybe the guy has a family and needed the extra room. Plenty of people buy vehicles and a year later they need something bigger or. Maybe they need a small car. Looks like a more base truck since it seems to have the rubber flooring. Maybe he wanted to upgrade to a luxury package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive