Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:47 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
People hang out their cars waving at you every day? Interesting.
Not every day, but it is definitely not uncommon. I bought a new Mustang back in 2005. For the first few months I was one of the only ones on the road with the new "nostalgic" designed Mustang. Everyone and their mother was trying to get me to race. I figured it was because the car was new, still uncommon, and the excitement would die down. And it has to a large degree. But it's still a Mustang.

Now all these years later cars like mine are a dime a dozen. Ford has even updated the model design and I understand next year's model will be new as well, so my car is definitely nothing to write home about. And STILL I get people who want to race. Not daily, but often enough.

The point is, it's probably not your car so much as other people. If you are wheeling around in something somewhat sporty, someone sooner or later may try to race you. Hell, my other vehicle is a full size SUV and just about a week ago I had some cute redneck girl in a lifted Chevy pickup with camo-pattern seat covers and the Browning sticker on the back window try to race me. People like to play around in their cars, trucks, whatever. You give a 16 year old teenage boy the keys to his mom's minivan and sooner or later he's going to see what it can do.

It has less to do with your car and more to do with a general tone of human behavior people assume when behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Take a drive up the road from San Bruno, you'll see them all over the place. Head to the East Bay, they are there too. Head to Sacramento, same thing.

An RX7 in very good condition can be found most anywhere cars are driven.

Here you go:

1990 Mazda RX7 "Extremely Low Mileage"

1993 Mazda RX7

Both for cheap. There are over 50 of them in the same area you live. That is just from some ad place like craigslist.

RX7s are a dime a dozen, in any condition you want. For about the same price as a Kia Soul, you can have a pristine RX7 with very low mileage and in ready to go.

I takes about 5 minutes to find an RX7 that is near showroom clean for the same price as an economy car.

I'm not saying the RX7 is a bad car, far from it but they aren't rare, hard to find in good condition nor something people hand out the windows or fall out of cars to gawk at.
I would hardly call a $15k ask price for a 21 year old car "cheap". The 93's were also the least desirable compared to the 94/95's for some reasons I can't recall (wasn't really a Mazda or RX-7 guy. I was a Supra/MR2 guy...)

That's a decent find though nonetheless, particularly if the paint and body panels are straight and original.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive