Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 02:47 AM

35 posts, read 21,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I don't own a diesel truck, I do have a diesel lawn mower though, but I've never had the desire to drive around shooting soot all over other motorists vehicles.
Sarcastic. “Motorists” being the operative word, do you even know what a Prius is?

Last edited by StarcloakStarside; 03-29-2019 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I don't own a diesel truck, I do have a diesel lawn mower though, but I've never had the desire to drive around shooting soot all over other motorists vehicles.
Fair. I guess you wouldn’t find setting charges off under a swamp and blowing up all the swamp gas fun either...

Old 03-29-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Now that sounds like more fun.
Agreed. My buddy’s got a classic 67 Shelby Mustang, and another friend has a nice Ford F-1, minus the minor body rust and holes in the exhaust system.
Additional. I’ve also got two rat rod Broncos and some Alaskan Amber Beer.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Perhaps the rudest people around are those who purposely put out 130db or so for the reason that thousands of people can hear them when they go somewhere.

Hard to be more anti-social than that.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:31 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Perhaps the rudest people around are those who purposely put out 130db or so for the reason that thousands of people can hear them when they go somewhere.

Hard to be more anti-social than that.

Just bask yourself in the knowledge that those people will be absolutely deaf by 55.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:54 AM

356 posts, read 175,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Just bask yourself in the knowledge that those people will be absolutely deaf by 55.
Yes, but unfortunately since most of them are essentially unemployable us taxpayers will be footing their bill for disability.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:51 AM

Amused. I like the dehumanization aspect too, somehow people who roll coal are only worth mentioning due to the fact that they roll coal, as if all they are is an animal glued to the driver seat of their truck.
Contrary. Actually, on top of that, I am an avid hiker, mountain biker, fisherman, rough river rider, and due to the fact that I don’t ride in the middle of the road instead of the bike lane or sidewalk, nobody has ever rolled coal on me.
Fair. And it’s not like I go around every corner looking for a cyclist or pedestrian to roll coal on either, but that’s the picture you have to paint, and if you do then that’s on you.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maduro lonsdale View Post
Yes, but unfortunately since most of them are essentially unemployable us taxpayers will be footing their bill for disability.
Contrary. Those “people” are the major demographic who are building your houses, fixing your vehicles, laying your sewage pipes or serving in the military to keep you safe at night. Nice to know what you think of them.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
I love diesels, and would still be driving a diesel truck if it was at all practical. But I really hate it when they do that - unless they're not on a highway being selfish and making life miserable for everyone else.
Lot of companies have stopped shipping a lot of these “off road only” and emissions tampering parts to some states. And a lot more states are starting to form legislation against this rolling coal. The EPA is starting to go after these companies thstvmake the kits and hopefully aftervthese shops and even maybe the drivers of these vehicles. I have diesels. About the only time I “roll coal” is towing uphill and getting on it. But it’s the wisps of smoke from accelerating and a engine 7nder a load no5vthe obnoxious belting out black smoke.

I mean exactly how much of a (*) are you that you purposefully modify your vehicle for a specific task then deliberately make your vehicle release enough of these pollutants in the form of thick dense smoke that makes people lose sight of the road and inhale this crap. It’s juvenile behavior. Yes we get it you are the only one allowed to use the road.

Imo...let all these shops and drivers get caught and start paying some hefty fines seems the only way people learn iscwhen you hit their pocketbook.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
I'm not sure that going after aftermarket parts companies is going to work. These rednecks (myself included) know how to bypass everything and/or fabricate their own parts.

If the authorities want to create legislation to curb this, they should make "rolling coal" an easily identified and ticketed moving violation. If a cop sees somebody doing it - and they will - they can nail them with a $150 fine (or whatever amount is deemed appropriate).
Sure anything is possible. But not as easy as it is with early models. I just don’t see the point of doing such modification truthfully. Most trucks today have double the hp and torque trucks did 20 years ago. I ride in my buddy’s Dodge diesel and that thing was effortlessly going up a hill. Had endless torque. And who buys a 60/70,000 dollar truck to screw with it

Well I can tell you prohibiting sales....it does work. In California you cannot get such equipment shipped here anymore. Most websites won’t sell them to you. I recently needed a crush washer and metal screw in nipple for a fuel pump and I had to call to order it as I couldn’t get it shipped here. The guy I spoke to said they no longer shop any emissions parts that are designed to remove or delete emission equipment. Somecparts you can call and get but it has to be a replacement of like part.

It will eventually get to that. It does not take a lot to get public opinion against you. And our legislators love making rukes and regulations. Just give them the smallest reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive