Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:22 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
A car is an extention of your personality.
Here is my list.

MErcedes- I got money, I don't give a damn if it depreciate.

Bmw- I got money and I want to enjoy driving my car. I didn't want to look like an old person driving a boring benz

Lexus- I got money but I m not an idiot, already had a benz and bmw. Got tired of throwing money away.

Audi- I don't know what I am doing but I want to be different.
It looks better inside and out. It's fresh and state of the art.
I read the reviews, it beats bmw and benz in every category.And I got an extended warranty.

Infinity, i dont like lexus, its for wimps.I love that its fast and it has Japanese quality right?

Honda- I love my honda, its been great to me, it runs forever, it rides better than a Toyota and it cost less. I got everything for a good price.

Toyota- I learned my lesson on cars. Toyota makes the most reliable cars for the money. I am a smart buyer.

Nissan- I don't like toyota, its boring , i didnt like hondas cause it was slow and everyone has one. Nissan is coming back. I am faster than other Japanese cars. Haha.

Kia/Hyundai- i dont know anything about cars so I bought this because of the warranty, if snything happens, i jus go back to the dealer. so far it drives good, and I like the way it looks. For a price of a toyota, I can get two of these.

Ford- I like it cause its better than a Chevy. And it's all american. I support a company that didn't take government money

Chevrolet- my family been drivin Chevys for the last 50 years. It's been a good car to us.
Accept that one time for the transmission, no wait twice, but it was under warranty and the check engine light.
Cause of the oxygen sensor. That's all and that one time coolant was dry cause, it over flow. Jus the little stuff. Nothing serious. My mechanic said it ll last forever.
( the mechanic didn't tell them, they ll be back every month.)

Dodge- I couldn't afford anything else at the time and the dealer gave me a great deal. They were the only ones that would finance us. So far its been good accept the interior feel so cheap.

Range Rover( my favorite one). Yeah I love it, it's tough it sit high. When I roll up, people know I m coming. Damn I can't believe I just spent 5k on the stupid air bags, and the brakes about to go out that ll cost me another 2grand, I better dump this truck quick. I rather take a loss than fix it.

Haven't run into many volvos or Subaru owners down here

Those are what I hear and what I see.
For the most part, spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 12:50 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,171 times
Quote:
Here is my list.

MErcedes- I got money, I don't give a damn if it depreciate.

Bmw- I got money and I want to enjoy driving my car. I didn't want to look like an old person driving a boring benz

Lexus- I got money but I m not an idiot, already had a benz and bmw. Got tired of throwing money away.

I read the reviews, it beats bmw and benz in every category.And I got an extended warranty.
True about Audi, but that would be me!
Infinity, i dont like lexus, its for wimps.I love that its fast and it has Japanese quality right?

Honda- I love my honda, its been great to me, it runs forever, it rides better than a Toyota and it cost less. I got everything for a good price.

Toyota- I learned my lesson on cars. Toyota makes the most reliable cars for the money. I am a smart buyer.

Nissan- I don't like toyota, its boring , i didnt like hondas cause it was slow and everyone has one. Nissan is coming back. I am faster than other Japanese cars. Haha.

Kia/Hyundai- i dont know anything about cars so I bought this because of the warranty, if snything happens, i jus go back to the dealer. so far it drives good, and I like the way it looks. For a price of a toyota, I can get two of these.Old People!

Ford- I like it cause its better than a Chevy. And it's all american. I support a company that didn't take government moneyDisagree
Stereotype 1-Post 2010-I want a nice car that feels more expensive then it actually is. (See Ford Fiesta)
S2My family bein drivin Ford for ever. It ain't no Chevy, and it haul hay real good. (See Ford F-350)

Chevrolet- my family been drivin Chevys for the last 50 years. It's been a good car to us.
Accept that one time for the transmission, no wait twice, but it was under warranty and the check engine light.
Cause of the oxygen sensor. That's all and that one time coolant was dry cause, it over flow. Jus the little stuff. Nothing serious. My mechanic said it ll last forever.

Dodge- I couldn't afford anything else at the time and the dealer gave me a great deal. They were the only ones that would finance us. So far its been good accept the interior feel so cheap.
I want an American Car, but I want it too look cool, but I'm short on money so...

Range Rover( my favorite one). Yeah I love it, it's tough it sit high. When I roll up, people know I m coming. Damn I can't believe I just spent 5k on the stupid air bags, and the brakes about to go out that ll cost me another 2grand, I better dump this truck quick. I rather take a loss than fix it.
Subaru-They are a good company, and they support all the causes I support (Hippies).
Haven't run into many volvos or Subaru owners down here

Tweaks in Bold.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,175 times
Way to go Isles excellent tweak, and we're Rangers fans......

My GMC was paid for before the meltdown and it hauls hay real good.

Here is my list.

MErcedesand Porsche/other exotics- I got money, I don't give a damn if it depreciate. Besides, nobody knows I am leasing

I read the reviews, it beats bmw and benz in every category.And I got an extended warranty.Which I know I will need

Infinity, i dont like lexus, its for wimps. I love that its fast and it has Japanese quality right?

Kia/Hyundai- i dont know anything about cars so I bought this because of the warranty, if snything happens, i jus go back to the dealer. so far it drives good, and I like the way it looks. For a price of a toyota, I can get two of these.Old People!

Ford- I like it cause its better than a Chevy. And it's all american. I support a company that didn't take government moneyDisagree
Stereotype 1-Post 2010-I want a nice car that feels more expensive then it actually is. (See Ford Fiesta)
S2My family bein drivin Ford for ever. It ain't no Chevy, and it haul hay real good. (See Ford F-350)

Except that one time for the transmission, no wait twice, but it was under warranty and the check engine light.

Dodge- I couldn't afford anything else at the time and the dealer gave me a great deal. They were the only ones that would finance us. So far its been good except the interior feels so cheap.
I want an American Car, but I want it too look cool, but I'm short on money so...

Range Rover( my favorite one). Yeah I love it, it's tough it sit high. When I roll up, people know I m coming. Damn I can't believe I just spent 5k on the stupid air bags, and the brakes about to go out that ll cost me another 2 grand, I better dump this truck quick. I rather take a loss than fix it. There goes the fuel pump, ****thank God I have AAA

Subaru-They are a good company, and they support all the causes I support (Hippies)LGTB folk.

Haven't run into many volvos or Saab owners down here

Old 08-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Way to go Isles excellent tweak, and we're Rangers fans......

My GMC was paid for before the meltdown and it hauls hay real good.

Here is my list.

MErcedesand Porsche/other exotics- I got money, I don't give a damn if it depreciate. Besides, nobody knows I am leasing

I read the reviews, it beats bmw and benz in every category.And I got an extended warranty.Which I know I will need

Infinity, i dont like lexus, its for wimps. I love that its fast and it has Japanese quality right?

Except that one time for the transmission, no wait twice, but it was under warranty and the check engine light.

Dodge- I couldn't afford anything else at the time and the dealer gave me a great deal. They were the only ones that would finance us. So far its been good except the interior feels so cheap.

Range Rover( my favorite one). Yeah I love it, it's tough it sit high. When I roll up, people know I m coming. Damn I can't believe I just spent 5k on the stupid air bags, and the brakes about to go out that ll cost me another 2 grand, I better dump this truck quick. I rather take a loss than fix it. There goes the fuel pump, ****thank God I have AAA

Subaru-They are a good company, and they support all the causes I support (Hippies)LGTB folk.

Haven't run into many volvos or Saab owners down here

I had to laugh at the part about the Porsche!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,095 times
Too funny... Likes that add on for range rover. And dodge. Too funny

I forgot to add Acura owners.

Acura owners- it's a safe bet, I got more and pay less than a lexus. I did my home work, its more reliable than an Infiniti. My acura has the edge over other Japanese cars.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:36 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,757,175 times
LOL Isles, my mom's neighbor is worth over eighty million and leases a new Cayenne every two years.

Great post, ChrisV, I will tweak

Acura owners- it's a safe bet, I got more and pay less than a lexus. I did my home work, its more reliable than an Infiniti. My acura has the edge over other Japanese cars. I am also oblivious to the fact it's a rebadged Honda.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:15 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,284,018 times
Quote:
Too funny... Likes that add on for range rover.
After owning three Range Rovers I have to diasagree with you, Yes, my third one needed the air suspension replaced at 100k miles, but it cost me $100 per corner for new bags AND only took 15 minutes per corner with just standard hand tools to replace. Anyone paying $5k went to a stealer and had no clue they were being robbed.

This was my last one doing what it did best, towing our old 19' travel trailer all over the east coast (went up to New Hampshire with it, down to South Carolina with it, and over to Ohio with it):

And the first two were excellent offroaders:

Love these things and want to pick up a later supercharged RR Sport in the future.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL Isles, my mom's neighbor is worth over eighty million and leases a new Cayenne every two years.

Great post, ChrisV, I will tweak

Acura owners- it's a safe bet, I got more and pay less than a lexus. I did my home work, its more reliable than an Infiniti. My acura has the edge over other Japanese cars. I am also oblivious to the fact it's a rebadged Honda.
This is begging to be a sticky!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
After owning three Range Rovers I have to diasagree with you, Yes, my third one needed the air suspension replaced at 100k miles, but it cost me $100 per corner for new bags AND only took 15 minutes per corner with just standard hand tools to replace. Anyone paying $5k went to a stealer and had no clue they were being robbed.

This was my last one doing what it did best, towing our old 19' travel trailer all over the east coast (went up to New Hampshire with it, down to South Carolina with it, and over to Ohio with it):

And the first two were excellent offroaders:

Love these things and want to pick up a later supercharged RR Sport in the future.
Honestly, I like Land Rovers, but reliability is not that great, at least perceived reliability.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:24 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,972,095 times
Merc63. You re not the typical owners. Your a car guy. Just as I was to own an Audi. It ll cost a fraction of what typical owners would pay.

I myself have my eyes on a 2008-2009. RR sport SC. In white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive