Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,778,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
The mounts range from 22 to 79 dollars.

RockAuto Parts Catalog

Here's a vid on how to do one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le534qVLdSM

labor Google says about 3.5 hours
Thanks CCcgirl. Now I have an idea what a motor mount looks like and what it involves in getting them changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,005,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
Uh no. I'm a 40yo 5ft female. And I barely knew what the drive train was post #2.
I am NOT a she-man, but gee whiz, in this day and age of gender equality, I don't get why any woman would leave it up to the men in her to be the ones knowledgeable about how their cars work. You should be embarrassed to admit to not knowing what a drivetrain is prior to this thread instead of implying that it's some important indication of your femininity. And at 40 years of age, you must have already been through several car ownerships and mechanic experiences, so you should have picked up more car lingo by now.

My paternal grandmother had a pilots license and knew how to drive a 21 gear farm tractor... and that was back in the 1940's. She also once shot skeet with Clark Gable. And she was plenty feminine as a woman, she was a Boston debutante.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,953,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
Thanks Duster. I've never had any problems with the car so I just want to do my due diligence before I blindly assume I'm getting a fair service.
Arm yourself with knowledge. So you don't walk away feeling ripped off.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,778,539 times
You're killing me. Lolol. Do you always try and lecture strangers on public forums or are you like this in person as well? Why do you keep bringing up gender crap? In stating my gender, I was giving a description of myself and my lack of automotive knowledge. If I said I was a 16 year old or an 80 year old, would you still have felt comfortable enough to scold? Do you know where your sinus tarsi or your medullary cavity is? As a 40+ year old woman you should be embarrassed. You have one but do not know where it is or how it functions? Do you hear how ridiculous this whole conversation is?

Good on your grandma. Honor her and your heritage by not belittling others. It's unbecoming of an independent, worldly woman. Unless you have something to say about my car, please leave this thread.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,166,139 times
Don't complain about the pricing if you choose to play the fem card. TBH I would be embarrassed not knowing what a drive train is than some nasal passage anatomy.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:31 AM
'M'

1,949 posts, read 3,173,205 times
Enough bickering and bashing, already! While I agree that we women need to research and study so we understand our car's particular mechanical problems, I also agree with the OP that it's perfectly OK to have our mechanic do the work.

Every woman needs to buy the manufacturer's manual for their car. And read it cover to cover. Explore the index. When her car has a problem, get out the manual and acquaint herself with car parts and systems, in order to understand what was just done to her car. It's very simple when you have the manual for your car. After awhile, women will realize that it's actually fairly easy to grasp car systems and how a car is put together. You will feel a whole lot better discussing your car's mechanics with your mechanic. To me, this is called doing my own 'self-care' with my car's maintenance and repair. Not all of us have the beautiful luxury of having a mechanically-inclined, caring man in our lives who will take care of our cars for us...i.e. a husband or partner. So, we do the next best thing, and take care of ourselves.

It's the same as not cutting our own hair and going to a professional to do that for us. Or hiring someone to clean our carpets. We hire an excellent mechanic to work on our car.

BTW...years ago, I had a 1989 Corolla. Great car. There was something somewhat minor not working right on my car. The dealership hadn't been able to diagnose and fix the problem. So I got out the ol' Corolla manual and began researching. I discovered a few passages in the book that described what I thought was going on with my car. The manual described how it should be done. I took it back to the dealership and had them read it. They took my car back in and fixed the problem. Wish I could remember more details, but don't.

So we all have our strengths. Mine just happens to be research, but it's certainly not being a mechanic. BTW...most men don't work on their cars either!!!! Some of you are going to argue on this one, but the men I know don't do their own mech. work. They have a favorite mechanic who does it for them.

Last edited by 'M'; 11-17-2014 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-17-2014, 09:32 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,722,266 times
Here's the site ChryslerPartsDirect.Com and below are the labor rates.

Torque Arm - 0.4
Front Mount - 1.8
Right Side Mount -1.4
Rear Mount - 0.9

I can tell from many years of experience that using aftermarket mounts "will" fail prematurely no matter what anyone tells you.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,901,467 times
Under $100 for motor mounts(parts) is pretty cheap. I agree with need4speed.. Not something you want to skimp on, because you'll be right back in the same boat too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive