Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 08:35 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times

Advertisements

Just one question, Thinking-Man . . .

If you just happened to run over and severely injure or kill an innocent pedestrian . . . Do you really feel the victim or victims would be OK with that as long as you were merely "speaking" the text, NOT entering the letters manually?

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 08-09-2014, 08:50 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Just one question, Thinking-Man . . .

If you just happened to run over and severely injure or kill an innocent pedestrian . . . Do you really feel the victim or victims would be OK with that as long as you were merely "speaking" the text, NOT entering the letters manually?

! ! ! ! ! !
OP here.
You're missing the point. The point is not whether texting and driving is right or not. It is wrong and dangerous. The point point is not if it caused many accidents or not. It does. The point is also not whether I should stop texting or not while driving. I have stopped completely already since 3 months ago.

The points you bozos are missing, is that per the letter of the law, I did nothing wrong. Maybe the law needs to be better written.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:30 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
OP here.
You're missing the point. The point is not whether texting and driving is right or not. It is wrong and dangerous. The point point is not if it caused many accidents or not. It does. The point is also not whether I should stop texting or not while driving. I have stopped completely already since 3 months ago.

The points you bozos are missing, is that per the letter of the law, I did nothing wrong. Maybe the law needs to be better written.
OK..so now that we know that we are no longer arguing on whether you broke the law or not. It's clear that you drew attention to yourself because if you were going 5mph and the road were 15/25 mph.

If all you want to do is to show the judge that you did nothing wrong in the way the law was written, you go in there to fight with a lawyer. You don't go in there representing yourself. It is clear that your defense sucks and the judge doesn't agree at traffic court.

You will be presenting your case all over again in this trial so you get professional help. It's has been shown over and over again in this post that you don't now how argue our stance. So your original question for tips?

My suggestion is that you should have consulted with a lawyer before wasting your time filing for appeal. Is it too late to get a lawyer? Remember, you are paying for this trial if you lose. At this point, it is very likely you WILL LOSE.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:31 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
OP here.

GO FOR IT, Thinking-Man . . . this Bozo has a feeling there's a gaggle of Ambulance Chasers out there just waiting to defend you for a few Big Ones.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
OK..so now that we know that we are no longer arguing on whether you broke the law or not. It's clear that you drew attention to yourself because if you were going 5mph and the road were 15/25 mph.

If all you want to do is to show the judge that you did nothing wrong in the way the law was written, you go in there to fight with a lawyer. You don't go in there representing yourself. It is clear that your defense sucks and the judge doesn't agree at traffic court.

You will be presenting your case all over again in this trial so you get professional help. It's has been shown over and over again in this post that you don't now how argue our stance. So your original question for tips?

I suggestion is that you should have consulted with a lawyer before wasting your time filing for appeal. Is it too late to get a lawyer? Remember, you are paying for this trial if you lose. At this point, it is very likely you WILL LOSE.
again, if my post above didn't make it clear, there's no way in hell you'll ever get it! the section of your post in bold just blows my mind....how someone could say something so stupid, after reading the opposite explained in the previous post.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
again, if my post above didn't make it clear, there's no way in hell you'll ever get it! the section of your post in bold just blows my mind....how someone could say something so stupid, after reading the opposite explained in the previous post.
YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW... THE JUDGE DISAGREE AND CONCLUDED THAT YOU BROKE THE LAW. YOU WERE FOUND GUILTY!!!

What's the court date? I would love to take a day off work and drive down to sit in court to see how you handle the case representing yourself.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
YOUR INTERPRETATION OF THE LAW... THE JUDGE DISAGREE AND CONCLUDED THAT YOU BROKE THE LAW. YOU WERE FOUND GUILTY!!!

What's the court date? I would love to take a day off work and drive down to sit in court to see how you handle the case representing yourself.
It's august 14th at 9am at the Fairfax court house. Come on by.....unless you were just talking out of your a$@!

Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,855,804 times
What is the amount of ticket? Most likely I would not waste my time showing up in court. If you have time to fight the battle out of principal then power to you.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
It's august 14th at 9am at the Fairfax court house. Come on by.....unless you were just talking out of your a$@!
Sure you do. Court doesn't convene until 10AM. Why do you post some real info.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:23 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,048,411 times
OP--- you'd lose this argument even if you were doing it to a mirror ! By all means, let us BOZOS know the outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive