Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 09:49 AM

9,611 posts, read 21,135,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
^ dumb post of the year award
He'd have to share with some of the others in this thread.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
Stewart did it on purpose, he caused his car to fishtail hitting the kid. You can see in the video when the kid was on the track pointing his finger at Stewart as he came closer, the kid suddenly tried to jump back because it seemed Stewart's car changed its course to hit him.

No doubt the kid was stupid to get on the track, but Stewart is a hot headed redneck that was probably trying to scare the kid. Hope he goes to jail. But probably won't, rich people don't go to jail unless they steal from other rich people. Killing a commoner doesn't matter to them.
Shut up.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,148,273 times
I am not going to wade through 10 pages of NASCAR related banter but after watching the video of the incident I must say that I find it difficult to believe that Stewart did not see him and was unable to slow down or at least move farther out of the way. I also see the back end of the car kick out a little before he hits him and you can hear an engine (maybe his) definitely rev up at the same exact time. I don't think this one is going to be swept under the rug anytime soon.

I sincerely do not believe he hit him on purpose but I do think he could have easily avoided him... fooling around gone wrong IMO.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,186,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
I am not going to wade through 10 pages of NASCAR related banter but after watching the video of the incident I must say that I find it difficult to believe that Stewart did not see him and was unable to slow down or at least move farther out of the way. I also see the back end of the car kick out a little before he hits him and you can hear an engine (maybe his) definitely rev up at the same exact time. I don't think this one is going to be swept under the rug anytime soon.

I sincerely do not believe he hit him on purpose but I do think he could have easily avoided him... fooling around gone wrong IMO.

Then you havent' been paying attention or really looked at the video. Or know anything about sprint cars.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM

77,676 posts, read 59,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I agree.

But you know as well as I do that they won't stop, now or probably ever. 10 years from now, these same folks will be claiming that they hate Tony Stewart specifically because he "got away with murder" despite the fact that they already hated him before this tragic incident took place.
Exactly. One of the earlier posters was claiming he hit the kid at the edge of the track.

Seriously, when people are this far gone that they can't even objectively look at a video....they need to peel off whoevers race numbers they have stuck to their back window etc. and get a life.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,085,417 times
Tony Stewart is a murderer. Point blank end of story. He will more than likely get away with it here in this world, but he will answer for it when all is said and done when he leaves this life and goes to the next one.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:00 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Tony Stewart is a murderer.
No he isn't.

Quote:
Point blank end of story.
For those blinded by hatred anyway. For rational human beings who possess a bare minimum of critical thinking skills, it's a different matter.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:08 PM

9,611 posts, read 21,135,113 times
Quote:
Tony Stewart is a murderer. Point blank end of story. He will more than likely get away with it here in this world, but he will answer for it when all is said and done when he leaves this life and goes to the next one.
So what religious affiliation has to this viewpoint? Seriously, post back and let us know. Because I'm pretty sure you've got it wrong.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:11 PM

672 posts, read 784,116 times
Only Tony knows with any certainty what happened, but there are few factors to consider-

The track wasn't well lit, other drivers had mentioned that it was dark and hard to see.
Ward was dressed in black, which surely exacerbated this. Ward had left the safety of his vehicle, was not only on the track, but was well into an established traffic lane, and still appeared to be moving towards the center of the track.
This is a dirt track, as well, and there was a lot of dust in the air, likely adding to the sight issue. It's very hard to control any vehicle on any sort of dirt road, and sometimes things get loose and squirrely.
A driver right in front of Stewart, possibly in his line of sight, veered at the last second.
An engine getting louder does not necessarily mean that the driver has jumped on the accelerator. Downshift a manual transmission to slow down, it will make much the same sound.

I am sure that I've missed a whole lot of other pertinent information, but most of all, I don't really believe that Tony Stewart would have done something so heinous.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,117,142 times
There is apparently a second video, from a different angle, that is being analyzed. That one has not been released to the public. Hopefully it sheds more light on what actually happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive