Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 04:04 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
May rule out criminal, but not necessarily civil. Fault always lies with the person behind the wheel.
Even when the victim actively darted into him AS the driver tried to avoid? Remember, this isn't a street with street rules.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:05 PM

346 posts, read 351,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Even when the victim actively darted into him AS the driver tried to avoid? Remember, this isn't a street with street rules.

You're supposed to be in control of your vehicle at all times.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:08 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Again, not street rules. You can be in control of your vehicle and still hit something that is actively aiming at you like a homing missile. Especailly when the cars in question are not street cars but extremely difficult to control at low speeds. That last video, which seems to be gone now, showed what looked like TS attempting to avoid Ward as soon as he saw him.

You should be in control of your body at all times, but I'll bet I can still sucker punch you before you could react.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the latest video shows the tony actively tried to avoid the kid, thus should rule out any civil or criminal proceedings against him.
Do you mean the video that is a slowed down version of the first video? I really can't make anything out from even the slowed down video, other than I able to see Ward. I can't see what he is doing, though. Some were saying he grabbed the wing, but I don't see anything other than him standing there. I'm not saying he didn't grab the wing. If others say they see that, I believe them. I just couldn't make anything out myself. I need someone standing beside me pointing out what I am looking at because to me it didn't clarify things at all.

There is a video from another angle that hasn't been released (unless it has been released and that's what you are talking about, but as far as I know it hasn't been released). I hope that video is clearer and can either clear Tony or implicate him, whichever the case may be.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
After seeing what someone else said, he may not have tried to actually grab the wing. Maybe more like he was waving and fist shaking or whatever so close that his arm got stuck between it and the car. Either way, the slowed and zoomed video appears to further reinforce that Stewart did not try to hit the guy, IMO. I agree another angle would be nice to see from an analysis standpoint.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
May rule out criminal, but not necessarily civil. Fault always lies with the person behind the wheel.
Quote:
Yeah, not really.

Proximate cause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In the law, a proximate cause is an event sufficiently related to a legally recognizable injury to be held to be the cause of that injury. There are two types of causation in the law: cause-in-fact, and proximate (or legal) cause. Cause-in-fact is determined by the "but for" test: But for the action, the result would not have happened. For example, but for running the red light, the collision would not have occurred. For an act to cause a harm, both tests must be met; proximate cause is a legal limitation on cause-in-fact.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
As unfortunate as it is, the kid killed himself. Any racer knows you do not get out of the car as long as it isn't on fire, he did an immature thing by being macho and running out into traffic to confront Stewart. If he would have stayed in his car he would be alive right now.

As for those who say Tony should have avoided him, look at how the kid ran out to meet him and try stopping a car on dirt sometime. It isn't easy.

Don

Old 08-13-2014, 04:46 PM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Where's this new video? Link didn't work

Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
There is apparently a second video, from a different angle, that is being analyzed. That one has not been released to the public. Hopefully it sheds more light on what actually happened.
I'm sure people will mis-interpret that video too in order to bolster their own agenda, just like you did with the first one.

I've been reading now that there is no evidence in the first video that Stewart even made contact with the 13 car causing the wreck, yet you are crucifying him like you were there in the car next to him. Get real!

Old 08-13-2014, 05:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'm sure people will mis-interpret that video too in order to bolster their own agenda, just like you did with the first one.

I've been reading now that there is no evidence in the first video that Stewart even made contact with the 13 car causing the wreck, yet you are crucifying him like you were there in the car next to him. Get real!
I don't have an agenda. I don't care about Nascar, I don't have a favorite driver. I know about Tony's past history of confrontations with drivers, so that does make me wonder if he tried to scare the kid by swerving toward him.

I'm not misinterpreting the video. I'm not interpreting it at all, because I for the life of me can't see anything definitive in that video. I don't see where it shows anything at all one way or the other.

I have looked at both videos. I can't tell what is really happening in either of them, one way or the other. So that's hardly biased. I could CLAIM to see Tony swerve toward him. To me the back end of his car does slide up toward Ward and that's what made me think he was trying to scare him. But I'm not claiming that I definitely see that, because I don't. The second video didn't clarify anything for me. Sorry, but it didn't. I'm not going to lie and say I see something I don't see. As I said, I'm not sure what I am seeing. The video is not clear enough to me to tell. That is why I said that I hope the unreleased video shows what happened more clearly.

What agenda do YOU have, trying to crucify me for my comments saying that I hope the second video is clearer?

I will note, though, that the driver in the car before Stewart's said that he saw Ward clear as day and was able to avoid him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive