Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 PM

293 posts, read 307,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Way to be an adult! In some places, that will get YOU pulled over and a few tickets.
That's the bottom line. Look at how people drive when an actual cop is around. All the people who are bad-asses and acting like their lead foot is the law suddenly turn into kittens and drive meekly ten miles below the speed limit and use their turn signals and stay in their lanes. Notice how the rest of us just keep driving like we always do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 07:02 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,501,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
That's the bottom line. Look at how people drive when an actual cop is around. All the people who are bad-asses and acting like their lead foot is the law suddenly turn into kittens and drive meekly ten miles below the speed limit and use their turn signals and stay in their lanes. Notice how the rest of us just keep driving like we always do?
Yup.....funny thing about cruise control....no need to brake if you're not going 100 mph.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:04 PM

Have you ever been passed by a guy driving aggressively and then ten miles later saw him pulled over on the side of the road? That's probably the funniest thing ever.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:08 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,501,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
Have you ever been passed by a guy driving aggressively and then ten miles later saw him pulled over on the side of the road? That's probably the funniest thing ever.
Saw that twice last week....and all I could think was what in world is he on. And I kept on going....

I also love it when there's a race to the next red light. Everybody's gotta be there first. Like you get a million dollars if you are first.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Saw that twice last week....and all I could think was what in world is he on. And I kept on going....

I also love it when there's a race to the next red light. Everybody's gotta be there first. Like you get a million dollars if you are first.
"What did I win?"
"New brakes!"

Old 09-27-2014, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,231 times
I had the experience today with a pick up truck. By my user name, you know what my car is, but I am not obnoxious about it. I don't want to get shot at. Anyway, I am coming off a highway and this guy in a pick up truck slows down from 70 to 45 when the road we are merging on to is 55 miles per hour. He keeps going slower and slower and holds up the traffic behind me as we merge on to the State road. As we keep going down, cars keep going around him. I hold my patience and when I get to where I want, I just zoomed around him to the left of him which probably pissed him off. I am finding that more people are doing that these days and I don't know why. I don't if they enjoy controlling other people because they have nothing else in their lives, but don't get pissed off at me if I don't want to play your game and don't get behind me to intimidate me and then take off in another direction. That is being pure evil. I did nothing wrong.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:33 PM

5,318 posts, read 8,484,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2006 View Post
I had the experience today with a pick up truck. By my user name, you know what my car is, but I am not obnoxious about it. I don't want to get shot at. Anyway, I am coming off a highway and this guy in a pick up truck slows down from 70 to 45 when the road we are merging on to is 55 miles per hour. He keeps going slower and slower and holds up the traffic behind me as we merge on to the State road. As we keep going down, cars keep going around him. I hold my patience and when I get to where I want, I just zoomed around him to the left of him which probably pissed him off. I am finding that more people are doing that these days and I don't know why. I don't if they enjoy controlling other people because they have nothing else in their lives, but don't get pissed off at me if I don't want to play your game and don't get behind me to intimidate me and then take off in another direction. That is being pure evil. I did nothing wrong.
I feel your pain, and agree it has to be some sort of control issue.

When someone wants to go faster than me, I am happy to let them go, because it means I am not going to have a potentially stressed-out/aggressive person riding my bumper or trying to get around me.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:05 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,281,631 times
face it - some people are just headcases no explaining it.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:22 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,695,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
If you mean US States, then you are wrong. Please check your facts. I only know of one state where it is illegal (Connecticut). If there are others, give us a cite proving it. Thanks.
Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, I could go on. How do I know? I've been pulled over by state troopers for this kind of thing and told explicitly that it is illegal.

Guess I am a slow learner.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:44 AM

15,395 posts, read 25,628,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, I could go on. How do I know? I've been pulled over by state troopers for this kind of thing and told explicitly that it is illegal.

Guess I am a slow learner.
Cite? I lived in Minnesota before and there was no law such as was claimed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive