Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:22 PM

8,071 posts, read 7,432,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
It is me again, the chick who was asking about the Ford Focus and the Kia Forte 5. (I guess the Forte 5 has been discontinued). I don't know why this is so difficult for me. I need help!

The 2015 Honda Fit is looking better than the 2014, but is still so much less cute than the Focus.

The Toyota Yaris looks OK, but not as good as the Focus.

The Kia Rio looks OK, but I'm guessing is inferior to either the Honda or Toyota.

If I choose the Focus, I can get a manual transmission and that will avoid all of those "dual clutch" automatic transmission problems, right? Or am I wrong? It's a good car other than that transmission?

I am beginning to annoy myself. Please help me pick!
Take the Focus with the stick shift.

My Focus (dual-clutch pseudo-automatic) just got another software patch today. So far it's OK, but I don't feel confident enough to say they've really fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 01:52 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
It is me again, the chick who was asking about the Ford Focus and the Kia Forte 5. (I guess the Forte 5 has been discontinued). I don't know why this is so difficult for me. I need help!

The 2015 Honda Fit is looking better than the 2014, but is still so much less cute than the Focus.

The Toyota Yaris looks OK, but not as good as the Focus.

The Kia Rio looks OK, but I'm guessing is inferior to either the Honda or Toyota.

If I choose the Focus, I can get a manual transmission and that will avoid all of those "dual clutch" automatic transmission problems, right? Or am I wrong? It's a good car other than that transmission?

I am beginning to annoy myself. Please help me pick!
To the OP:

I think the Volkswagen Golf TDI is the best looking hatch and is superior in every way to any of the ones that you have mentioned.

If you haven't already done so, I think you should go a VW dealer and test drive before you make your decision.

You're only doing yourself a disservice if you don't.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:04 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,586,662 times
Can you do me a favor, OP, and report whether the back will fold flat with enough room for a medium sized adult to sleep flat? I suspect this is only possible with the Sonic, if that, but wanted to ask.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
Should "cute" really be a deciding factor in automobile choices?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 PM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Should "cute" really be a deciding factor in automobile choices?
That would be entirely up to the person paying for it.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:21 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
Who said the Kia Forte 5 was being discontinued? It was listed for 2015.

I am very picky about cars and mostly owned used high end exotic ones. I parked next to a Lexus the other day and the body style was almost exactly the same. Coming from an expensive European sports car I just couldn't tolerate anything that didn't have a leather boot. I also really hate cheap fabric seats. I haven't been on the car lots lately but I found the compartmented storage under the rear tray very handy and didn't see that in the Fords. Looked at Honda, Versa, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, VW and couldn't stand any of them. I didn't want to get into new at a higher price range. I've got the Sx with the larger motor as I found the Ex to be under powered. Still never tried the paddle shifters. The shear amount of standard appointments and attention to detail and design is what sold me. My dealer is great too and has an internet cafe with free food all day and a female service manager.

Now if you want something outwardly flashy that's another matter then I'd look at the Hyundai Velostar.

Last edited by Sgoldie; 09-12-2014 at 11:58 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
That would be entirely up to the person paying for it.
Interesting response...I wonder if that would still be your response if some guy said his only consideration for dating is that she be:
Hot
Thin
Big Boobs
etc....

You are correct however that it is up to the person paying to determine the criteria.
Where it becomes MY business is when car manufacturers begin to design cars based on such superficial details because of the gained ground women have with their buying power. car manufacturers are designing cars primarily for women these days so the rest of us are stuck with the limited choices based on the silly things women are demanding.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:19 AM

16,667 posts, read 17,430,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Interesting response...I wonder if that would still be your response if some guy said his only consideration for dating is that she be:
Hot
Thin
Big Boobs
etc....

You are correct however that it is up to the person paying to determine the criteria.
Where it becomes MY business is when car manufacturers begin to design cars based on such superficial details because of the gained ground women have with their buying power. car manufacturers are designing cars primarily for women these days so the rest of us are stuck with the limited choices based on the silly things women are demanding.
Such as?

Old 09-13-2014, 03:21 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I just had someone visiting me who has a Honda Fit. I think it's cute enough. She wanted to get a standard but she would have had to wait too long. The car has enough room in it yet it's small enough. She loves it.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800
Hot
Thin
Big Boobs
etc....

Such as?
Car Manufacturers Appeal to Women (Page 1 of 2)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive