Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Really weird old thread........... revived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 901 times
Most of the dangers pumping gas can be avoided if you move to New Jersey. We do not pump our own gas. A trained attendant does. You don't get all dressed up in your pretty clothes and then go to get gasoline and pump it. Jersey Girls DO NOT pump gas. The other 48 states had a majority of idiots when they allowed pumping your own gas. A VERY dangerous liquid... people burned severely and/or killed. Doctors do surgery. Dentists fix your teeth.... Why would you pump your own gasoline. Would all stupid...ignorant elected officials who permit this...raise their hand. Not the one pumping gas. duh...

Old 03-07-2011, 03:52 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
A dangerous liquid? I'd consider sulfuric acid a dangerous liquid.

Jersey girls do pump gas in NY, PA, DE and a whole lot of other places. Any self respecting woman can pump gas wearing heels and her best dress. Once, a "trained" attendant in NJ forgot to remove the nozzle from my car. Yep, I liberated the hose from the pump. Nothing blew up, but it was an interesting experience none the less.

old thread........... revived

Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeav View Post
Most of the dangers pumping gas can be avoided if you move to New Jersey. We do not pump our own gas. A trained attendant does. You don't get all dressed up in your pretty clothes and then go to get gasoline and pump it. Jersey Girls DO NOT pump gas. The other 48 states had a majority of idiots when they allowed pumping your own gas. A VERY dangerous liquid... people burned severely and/or killed. Doctors do surgery. Dentists fix your teeth.... Why would you pump your own gasoline. Would all stupid...ignorant elected officials who permit this...raise their hand. Not the one pumping gas. duh...
You seem to think that pumping gas is akin to building a rocket, it's probably a good idea that you don't pump your own

Old 03-07-2011, 05:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Trained to pump gas? LOL what a riot..... I can 100% put out a lit ciggy butt in a bucket full of gas every time... 0 risk.

In NJ the 'trained pump attendant' getting minimum wage, handed over the pump spout to me on my motorcycle, and that was a good thing, since he still has teeth.

My darlin bride even fills gas jugs to bring home. We use a lot of gas for chain saws, the Bob cat, the wood splitters and a variety of smaller engine machines around heya in the stix.

NJ people must be helpless.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM

773 posts, read 2,630,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayantsi View Post
... you burned very little fuel ...
One personally burns little fuel, but it is the aggregate that matters. That is why there are heaters in O2 sensors that force cars to go closed loop about 90 seconds before they otherwise would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive