Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 06:55 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,137,018 times

Advertisements

A route around toll road gps feature would solve this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So you're saying that you went through a toll zone where the only way to pay was by using an electronic payment system? No cash booths?

I'm having trouble believing that, although I agree that the penalty charges seem pretty outrageous.

That is exactly how it is here in NC. They have just started building Toll roads and there is only one operational and it has never had a toll booth on it. Just overhead gantries with cameras and sensors for the transponders. It is real nice to drive through normally at 75 miles per hour.

You can use a variety of other states toll roads transponders (actually, NC is the only state where any transponders can be used and our hard case transponders can be used in any state) or the NC Quick Pass, you can just link your license plate with an account or just do a one off called bill by mail. Each is more expensive than the last and the fines do escalate pretty quickly if you do a bill by mail and don't pay.

Here is what one looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
lien on your registration from another state - toll evasion?-toll-gantry.jpg  

Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
I've never seen anything like that here in the Northeast. When you drive onto one of these electronic-only roads is there some notice to the driver that a toll will be charged and if you don't have an account you'll have to pay it online?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 AM

I also contacted DMV Nevada on the threat of a lien by california's the toll road violation:

10/01/2014 at 9:49 AM
xxxxxx@yahoo.com'

Good day,

In Nevada, the only situations that can suspend your registration are if you have a lapse of your Nevada insurance, or if your vehicle is reported as a smoking vehicle.

Out of state toll fines will not affect your Nevada registration.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Chris Walker
DMV Technician II
Central Services Division
Call Center
__________________________________________________ __________
in response to my question:

NV DMV,

Greetings. Can a CA The Toll Roads toll fee and penalty fee cause a NV DMV registration lien?

This happened last month, when we took a trip from Henderson to Huntington Beach. I had forgotten about the two tolls (no toll booths, only signs and cameras) and got the notice today - $6.59 for two tolls, $115 in penalties.

I did pay online and they forgave the penalties, so I only paid $6.59.

Sincerely,

Old 10-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I've never seen anything like that here in the Northeast. When you drive onto one of these electronic-only roads is there some notice to the driver that a toll will be charged and if you don't have an account you'll have to pay it online?
see the op.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:25 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
I think a lot of GPSs currently have this. I know my 4yr old Garmin has an option to exclude toll roads from the route.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I think a lot of GPSs currently have this. I know my 4yr old Garmin has an option to exclude toll roads from the route.
So you have to be smarter than your gps. I think that's asking a lot.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:12 PM

283 posts, read 349,654 times
Quote:
the toll on the henry hudson in ny is like this now

Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
There's one in Maryland, and yes, there are signs warning that the road is a toll road.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:51 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
You can do this, but it will result in a longer commute time and more traffic in so CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive