Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,084,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, I had a 1990 Mitsubishi mirage 2 door hatchback. I bought it new when I was stationed in San Diego at the time. I drove it back and forth from California to south Carolina and up to Chicago many times, I also lend it out to a few of my shipmates and I know they had no mercy on it. That was a tough little car and I had zero problems with it the 3 years that I had it.
The old Mirages and current Lancers are solid cars. The current Mirage is a Thai-built piece of junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 11:07 PM

12,950 posts, read 9,580,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
The old Mirages and current Lancers are solid cars. The current Mirage is a Thai-built piece of junk.
I don't see any Mirages around anymore, new or old.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:50 AM

5,238 posts, read 7,962,222 times
OP, Different doesn't seem to go over too well. People seem to all like the upside down soap dish shaped vehicles. The Cube sorta reminds me of the first generation Scion XB. Some people hated them too, but they are roomy and get good mileage. I like the boxy shaped vehicles, but then I also like station wagons and old vans like the Toyota WonderWagon. As long as you are happy with the Cube, that's what counts.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:53 AM

477 posts, read 506,962 times
I like this and the Scion XB because I can get in and out of them with no problem. I don't know why these are supposedly "young person" cars, because they are incredibly suited to people who are no longer, shall we say, exactly nimble.

It's also very easy to flop the back down and have plenty of hauling space. Heck, I'd just as soon take the rear seat out altogether, for the added cargo space.

I haven't tried a Kia Soul - if its an easy-in-out I'll put it on my list as well.

I'm buying my first new-to-me-car in about 10 years. I'm suffering severe sticker shock. My last car was a Volvo wagon with 79k miles on it when I bought it, I paid $3500. I am going to have to pay 2 or 3 times that for a car in a lower original price range but similar mileage/age.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:05 PM

998 posts, read 998,056 times
Well I might just as well put my two cents in here as a former Cube owner......

First and foremost it was fun to drive. Being almost square in wheelbase you could turn around in the middle of the street. Squeeze into tight parking spots. It took up very little space in the garage.

It didn't rattle or squeek. Fit and finish was good I thought. Mileage was just ok for a car and engine that size. Visibility was awesome. The near vertical windshield meant nearly no blind spots and all remaining windows were large and easy to see traffic. If you hit the throttle hard enough it would move out ok but with some torque steer.

But the problem and the reason we got rid of it was it was dangerous in crosswinds. The tall light body and small tires contributed to lots of being blown around. In the winter time this was a potentially dangerous situation. My wife drove it most of the time and in the winter I feared for her safety. Even after the installation of dedicated snow tires it was still slap happy in the wind. The spector of my wife being blown into oncoming traffic on an icy windy winter day was too much for me. I traded it for a new Camry.

But we kept the little circular piece of dash carpet that came with the Cube and put it in the Camry. This little piece of carpet on Cube forums is know as "Cubic hair!"

Old 12-20-2015, 09:23 PM

7,020 posts, read 6,244,557 times
I probably should let this rest but did want to say I took my cube on an 1800 mile trip & was amazed at the mileage I got. It handled well & I was proud of its performance.

The main reason I bought my Cube was because of the seating & visability. In Apr of 2012 my Mercury Tracer was broadsided by a woman who ran a red light. She was driving a Pontiac Aztec. There was no contest. My car flew through the air into a steel barrier. I was lucky to survive. My car didn't.

When I was finally looking for a car, 2 years later, I saw the Cube. It wasn't how the car looked, it was how comfortable it would be for me.

Since the accident I can no longer bend. It really messed up my back. I am comfortable driving my Cube & so thankful it was made & that it was available to me.

I never really thought I could drive that far, although it did take me 3 days each way.

How wonderful though ; to have the freedom to go places. I love my Cube!

Old 12-20-2015, 11:22 PM

806 posts, read 952,960 times
Nearly bought a Cube during the rush of "Cash 4 Clunkers"...... it was pretty much the only model left on dealer lot as rest were sold out. Glad I came to my senses and didn't because it's the ugliest thing on wheels.

To my surprise, some in my family loved the design when we'd see one during our drive. Not me, 6 years later and I still think they're ugly as sin.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,461,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Why do people not like this car? Does anyone have an opinion?
Because they're ugly and have the shape of a car drawn by an elementary school kid? IMO they lack any real style (which can be said of many modern cars, actually).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti