Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:54 AM

111 posts, read 181,200 times

Advertisements

I don't get it....13 batteries in the trunk..A vehicle that can barely be driven over speed bumps or dips in the road..
Who cares if the wheels can hop off the ground? this thing is completely impractical...
It seems to appeal to people who are "all show and no GO"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 AM

21,827 posts, read 25,102,289 times
No. Donks are just as dumb.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
While not a fan, I cannot criticize too much anyone who has an interest in cars past utility purposes. My fear one day is that almost everyone will think a car is for only going from point A to B, and think of it no more than a washing machine.

As you already see on this forum, some people seem to be baffled that there are others who think of a car more than just a purpose of getting from point A to B; obtuse of course in this thought as cars are a hobby to many people in the world, and has been so since they first came out.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:20 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
I'd say the dumbest thing I've seen lately is the first Gen Jeep Compass. This is Jeep's mole that is begging for a soldering iron to burn it off.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:28 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,971,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b1 View Post
I don't get it....13 batteries in the trunk..A vehicle that can barely be driven over speed bumps or dips in the road..
Who cares if the wheels can hop off the ground? this thing is completely impractical...
If you don't get it, you ll never will.
Thinks it s dumb? Those people look at your car and thinks your dumb one for driving what you drive.

Whether you or I like it or not. It's their hobby, move along..

Old 10-05-2014, 01:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'd say the dumbest thing I've seen lately is the first Gen Jeep Compass. This is Jeep's mole that is begging for a soldering iron to burn it off.
LMFAO... well stated. Lowriders are something that I think most of us cultural outsiders just don't get, but I'm sure there must be some merits even if I haven't seen them directly. With that mechanical know how I would rather lift up a Wrangler and make it more off road capable, but I know there are many people who don't get that either.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:34 PM

720 posts, read 705,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
If you don't get it, you ll never will.
Thinks it s dumb? Those people look at your car and thinks your dumb one for driving what you drive.

Whether you or I like it or not. It's their hobby, move along..
The above sentence structure says it all....

Old 10-05-2014, 02:43 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,172,754 times

And at Sturgis they had some 36" front wheels on the bikes and those looked pretty dumb also.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:46 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b1 View Post
It's called kinetic sculpture and cars can be used as art. Has been going on since the taildragger customs of the late '40s. I've had many lowrider and heavily lowered cars that were still driven regularly. You don't get it, that's fine Just admit you're a closed minded idiot and move along. Let the rest of us enjoy our hobby and we won't call you stupid for enjoying YOUR hobby.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
while i am not a fan of low riders, i do appreciate the amount of engineering that goes into the cars to get them to do what they do. and the reality is that most of them are dual purpose cars as well. they do well as daily drivers, and as show cars.

i am also not a fan of lifted trucks either, but again i do appreciate the work that goes into those trucks as well. about the only vehicles i dont understand is the donk car. they look just plain stupid to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive