Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 01:26 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,669,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylesssucks View Post
I am in the same boat. From the practical side of things it takes almost the same effort to push start as it does to turn a key but at least with the key I know where the keys are. As a fleet person you have no idea how much of a problem push start is-from lost keys that have fallen between the seats, vehicles left running by mistake but the doors locked with the fob inside, the increased costs of replacing the batteries in the fobs and everything in between. Push start is not new greater tec but rather it’s a marketing tool to make more money.
Agree 100%

I can't believe so many people consider dealing with a key to be an actual hardship these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 02:28 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,669,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylesssucks View Post
I am in the same boat. From the practical side of things it takes almost the same effort to push start as it does to turn a key but at least with the key I know where the keys are. As a fleet person you have no idea how much of a problem push start is-from lost keys that have fallen between the seats, vehicles left running by mistake but the doors locked with the fob inside, the increased costs of replacing the batteries in the fobs and everything in between. Push start is not new greater tec but rather it’s a marketing tool to make more money.
Agree 100%

I can't believe so many people consider dealing with a key to be an actual hardship these days

Old 12-11-2018, 03:15 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,415,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Agree 100%

Some people have to complain about everything no matter how trivial it is theses are the ones you can’t make happy regardless of what you do. Some people just can’t move on and accept the way things are now all their complaining will get them nowhere by the way.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:05 PM

4,840 posts, read 3,270,079 times
One of our key fobs for a '14 Rogue started 'dying' in about a year. Changing batteries would help for a couple weeks. It finally died altogether a few days before trading it in. Even with a dead battery, holding the fob against the start button worked. But it was irritating. No problem with the other fob.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:13 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I recently purchased a '13 Nissan Altima with the keyless entry, pushbutton start option. Seemed to be working fine at first; however, lately the sensor on the key fob is spotty and sometimes it takes me several attempts to start my car. I hate this option and just want a good ol' key with the standard ignition where you have to insert a key and manually start it.

Wondering how much (roughly) this would cost to swap it all out? My fear is being out in the middle of nowhere and this keyless starter decides not to work.
Why don't you just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it? I've used my keyless system in my Versa since buying it in 2011 and the only problem I have ever had was when the battery went dead. Nissan has great customer service in my experience. I would give them a chance to make this right.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:17 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
Call me slow, but when people say, "now I don't have to worry about losing a key"........well don't you have to worry about losing the fob???

Old 12-12-2018, 12:29 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,585,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Call me slow, but when people say, "now I don't have to worry about losing a key"........well don't you have to worry about losing the fob???

Harder to lose something you aren't always pulling out of your pocket or purse.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:51 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
I have 4 chipped keys for my vehicle.
I have 4 FOB's for my vehicle.

Just get another FOB new or used.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:53 AM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Why don't you just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it? I've used my keyless system in my Versa since buying it in 2011 and the only problem I have ever had was when the battery went dead. Nissan has great customer service in my experience. I would give them a chance to make this right.
Because this post was from 2014.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Because this post was from 2014.
Hahahahah

Well, what was the resolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive