U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 02:19 PM

30,916 posts, read 24,271,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I used to have association/alumni stickers on an old car. There were a few times someone else who was also a part of said organization would wave or something which was cool, but I don't bother littering my car with stickers anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't know why anyone would put a sticker on their car, period.
i have put a bumper sticker on one of my cars many years ago, never will again though. i think they all look tacky. but if that is what people want, then more power to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 02:56 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,587,271 times
I used to sticker up my 4x4 in college (over a decade ago), but certainly nothing political as I felt and still feel like anyone who is overly opinionated one way or another politically is pretty narrow-minded/brainwashed. I know someone who has an Obama sticker on his GMC but otherwise I don't really know anyone else with anything like that right now.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:09 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've often wondered about why people put political stickers on the back of their cars. I can see no benefit and nothing but asking for problems. This isn't a political thread, just wondering what others though of showing politics on your vehicle?

And why does it seem that Suburu's and Toyota Prius's are the preferred choice of the folks who love to announce their beliefs to the world?

On the other side of the coin, I can safely say I've never seen any kind of a sticker on the back of an Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz or Corvette.
I've never polluted my car with a sticker. I used to have a magnet on the back of my old Hyundai, but it won't stick to the back of my Prius so I stuck it to my garage deep freeze.

I have a license plate frame announcing my alma mater, but that's as far as I go. I would never put a sticker or glue anything metal to my car. Ever.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:13 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,198,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
TX is one of the worst states for people with bumper stickers. You have your religious nut jobs with their stickers, the far right wingers and their stickers, the gun/NRA nuts and their stickers, rednecks and their confederate type stickers, Ford/Chevy haters with their "Calvin pissing on the other brand" stickers, health nuts with all their 13.1/26.2 stickers... there's a ton, everywhere.

I still see at least a couple McCain/Palin stickers on a daily basis.

Generally speaking I try to avoid any of them in traffic as they usually prove to be ****-poor drivers.
I own guns but I definitely wouldn't announce that with a sticker on my car. That's like saying "Hey, break into my car because there might be guns in here."

I think 13.1 and 26.2 stickers are kind of douchey...I like the 0.0 stickers I see though. Those are funny.

I never put stickers or glue metal things (like a "gefilte fish" thing) to my car; they're difficult or impossible to remove and metal accessories tear the paint off the car more often than not if you try to take them off. Plus you have jerkwads who try to vandalize them, like people who rip Christian fish off cars or try to break the feet off "Darwin" fish. It's childish.

I just avoid all that hassle by not announcing my political or religious affiliations on my car. I also remove my UT license plate frame for TX/OU weekend.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:44 PM

7,846 posts, read 5,040,610 times
I'm a political person but I don't advertise it. My car is basically spotless (I even debadged the lettering).

If I want to show people I'm a liberal, I'll just get on my bike and ride to work like I do every day. I get enough verbal abuse that way.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:57 PM

1,152 posts, read 959,638 times
I don't like bumper stickers in general, so I've never put one on any car I've owned.

One of the only ones I liked seeing was on a Pacer - just a couple months ago no less - and the sticker said "My other car is a Gremlin"

Now that was funny!

Come to think of it, my sister gave me one of those Darwin fish in the early 90's. I put it inside my truck on the dash. Figured I wanted to see it more than did the other drivers!

Old 11-08-2014, 05:09 PM

12,716 posts, read 12,113,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't know why anyone would put a sticker on their car, period.
Many reasons; some do it to decorate their car, others do it to show their support for something, others do it to promote something, and for others it is just a fun thing to do to individualize their car.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:45 PM

13,715 posts, read 8,694,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

And why does it seem that Suburu's and Toyota Prius's are the preferred choice of the folks who love to announce their beliefs to the world?
At one time Prius came with Impeach Bush sticker as factory option, if I recall correctly.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:54 PM

13,715 posts, read 8,694,315 times
What abut stickers that are not overtly political but could be construed , like the American flag or Defend Freedom?

Old 11-08-2014, 07:14 PM

38,706 posts, read 45,118,878 times
Left no room to key me and my
vehicle value has plummeted...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or