U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 10:09 AM

25,584 posts, read 30,508,156 times

Advertisements

I have a Mac window sticker on the lower corner of the side window on extended cab pickup. On my car a singular sticker "Beagle." The other sticker I would out on is a Norwegian flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 10:21 AM

19,882 posts, read 36,393,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I can't believe that people actually put adhesive backed stickers on their paint. It really shows how little they care for the car's finish.
Different priorities for different people. Most of the people that I've known personally who have done this have every intention of putting many many many miles on their vehicles (as I do - my pickup has 400,000 plus miles on it) and the appearances they are concerned about don't involve shiny paint. The good news is, they do manage to get hundreds of thousands of miles out of their vehicles before passing them on to children or other family members.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM

12,654 posts, read 12,078,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I can't believe that people actually put adhesive backed stickers on their paint. It really shows how little they care for the car's finish.
Or they do care a lot, but making the car the way they want it to be is more important. Some people do not have the "preserve for others" mindset with their car, they make and drive the car the way they want it to be.

I have had stickers on my paint before, I do not see the big deal about it. I peeled them off after a few years when I sold it and the paint was fine, could not tell there was anything there, of course no one really cares that much on a ten year old, 146k mile car.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:08 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
One might say that the ownership of a prius was, ipso facto, a political statement and that the vehicle is in itself sort of a rolling "bumper sticker".
Prius owner here. It's not a political statement as far as I'm concerned. It's just a car.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:20 PM

7,187 posts, read 4,639,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't know why anyone would put a sticker on their car, period.
I agree, I don't like stickers on my cars and especially hate seeing a really nice cars with stickers all over it.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 PM

20,170 posts, read 34,488,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I thought they came from the factory with a "coexist" sticker.
Appears to be more common in the Northwest and New England than in Wisconsin.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 AM

366 posts, read 275,510 times
I remember seeing not bumper stickers, but people who had biblical scriptures just plastered all over their cars in what appeared to be huge vinyl lettering. I just remember thinking they weren't too tightly wrapped.

Also, you can tell who's life is completely consumed by their school age children. Not only do they have the stick figure roll call of each family member on the rear window, but they have the honor roll stickers, the soccer ball, baby on board, etc....

I even once saw a huge, lifted pick up truck, that had the bumper sticker.."global warmer" on it...priceless

Old 11-10-2014, 10:33 AM

1,936 posts, read 3,340,577 times
"Hey nice looking car....ummmm I'll give you $500 less, I got to get it to the body shop and get rid of all of these bumper stickers"

I see a fair share of cars with every square inch of real estate on the back of their cars covered in Obama, NPR, COEXIST bumper stickers. I wonder how much that hurts re-sale. Any stickers that I put on are either on a chrome bumper, or a window so it's not so permanent.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 AM

4,707 posts, read 3,339,929 times
I take a LOT of pride in the appearance of my car, and do all of my own detailing.

In fact, in all of my years of car ownership, the only sticker I have ever put on my car is one of those vinyl "cling" stickers that go in a window. This particular one is from Controlled Labs, and it says "Winning The War On Genetics".

The last thing I would want on it is a political bumper sticker, as politicians represent the lowest form of life on the planet.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:12 PM

7,187 posts, read 4,639,763 times
I don't even keep the dealer stickers on my cars, let alone political stickers. I don't like free advertising for the dealerships and I take the stickers off as soon as I get home. You can be park somewhere in a place where people really hate who you voted for or just support, your car could be egged, keyed, spray painted, or tires punched. Also, people will prejudge you on who they think you are based on those stickers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or