Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 06:29 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

I've often wondered about why people put political stickers on the back of their cars. I can see no benefit and nothing but asking for problems. This isn't a political thread, just wondering what others though of showing politics on your vehicle?

And why does it seem that Suburu's and Toyota Prius's are the preferred choice of the folks who love to announce their beliefs to the world?

On the other side of the coin, I can safely say I've never seen any kind of a sticker on the back of an Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz or Corvette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 06:38 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
The only thing I can think of is that some people feel so strongly about their particular political beliefs that they want to put them out there for others to see.

I don't and would not do that... but thats me.

As for Subarus or Priuses, I am not sure I would go so far as to say that drivers of either one necessarily puts more stickers on their cars than other owners. This sounds more like playing on the stereotype that liberals tend to own these cars. There are at least a dozen Subarus on the street I live on, including two in my own driveway, and not a single one has a political sticker on it.

To each there own. I do not think it necessarily causes problems. It's just how they express their right to "Speech."

To each their own.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:46 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
The only thing I can think of is that some people feel so strongly about their particular political beliefs that they want to put them out there for others to see.

I don't and would not do that... but thats me.

As for Subarus or Priuses, I am not sure I would go so far as to say that drivers of either one necessarily puts more stickers on their cars than other owners. This sounds more like playing on the stereotype that liberals tend to own these cars. There are at least a dozen Subarus on the street I live on, including two in my own driveway, and not a single one has a political sticker on it.

To each there own. I do not think it necessarily causes problems. It's just how they express their right to "Speech."

To each their own.
I agree, there are two Suburu's on my street and not a sticker on either of them.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:34 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I agree, there are two Suburu's on my street and not a sticker on either of them.

+1
I have owned 3 Subarus (NO apostrophe, as this is not a possessive word), and I have never placed a bumper sticker on any of them.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:40 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
To me, it's not worth the trouble it could bring. No one has to do anything to your car while you're in it, just takes some jerk who doesn't agree with whatever your sticker says to mess with your car.

When you go stating your opinion on something when no one asks, you're kind of inviting trouble. Same thing with guys who wear their military resume via decals. We encourage guys not to do that, never know who has a grudge.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:45 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
dont know why someone would litter their vehicle with political stickers

it looks tacky, plus there are crazy loons out there that might not like your politics and will vandalize your car

bumper stickers are tacky in general

Old 11-08-2014, 07:47 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,791,531 times
If you search the internet you'll find that these cause more road rage especially during election time.

As for the Subaru's and Toyota Prius's, what do you expect !!!

Old 11-08-2014, 07:53 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
dont know why someone would litter their vehicle with political stickers

it looks tacky, plus there are crazy loons out there that might not like your politics and will vandalize your car

bumper stickers are tacky in general
That right there. I am not openly political anyway, but even if I was I wouldn't put them on there. I like my cars and would be afraid some political fanatic would key it or dent it. No thanks. Be interesting to hear if there is evidence that political bumper stickers do lead to more vandalism.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:58 AM

50,781 posts, read 36,474,703 times
I thought about putting one on once, however sometimes I drive aggressively and I was afraid I'd do my "candidate" more harm than good, lol. I do have some Eagles stickers though, so far no keying by Cowboys or Giants fans, but that will be the extent of my stickering!

Old 11-08-2014, 08:01 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,104 times
I used to have association/alumni stickers on an old car. There were a few times someone else who was also a part of said organization would wave or something which was cool, but I don't bother littering my car with stickers anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive