U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:59 AM

433 posts, read 531,033 times

Advertisements

This is in reply to last few posters...

I am in California. From what I have read online, it doesn't appear that California has any mandatory Diminished Value compensation law.

My auto insurance co, AAA, told me they don't recognize diminished value and don't intend to help me with that. I'm on my own to try to claim it with the at-fault party's insurance company.

The at-fault party's insurance company is Mercury Insurance. From what I've read online, they seem to be difficult to deal with and may deny and drag things out more than most.

Also, the at-fault party's insurance company's insurance adjuster has been calling and wanting to talk to me and get an "official personal statement". I told him I've given that to several people in the claims department of my insurance company (AAA), and also to the CHP. My statement is in the police report along with the other drivers involved in the accident. The police report said that their driver was at fault and that is the conclusion. But this adjuster of the at-fault's insurance company said that in the state of California a police report does not legally determine fault and wants an official on the record personal statement. I told my insurance company (AAA) and they said I can feel free to direct that adjuster back to AAA if I didn't feel comfortable talking to the adjuster. I do have some concerns about it because of possible coercion and what not.

So it seems to me I'll be in for quite a struggle to (a) collect for the ambulance ride and ER visit, (b) collect diminished value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM

7,702 posts, read 10,083,611 times
Tell them that if they do not wish to deal with you in a reasonable manner that you will be happy to call some of the many attorneys that have sent you letters offering to represent you. (I know here they do that. If they don't no reason to let their people know you don't have ambulance chasers beating down your door) Oh and you woke up with a crick in your neck the other day. You don't think its related to their insured striking you in an at fault accident, but the more days go by, you wonder if maybe you shouldn't go have someone check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or