U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 07:39 PM

13,522 posts, read 29,473,042 times

Advertisements

The Cadenza's reliability should mirror that of the Hyundai Azera since they share the same platform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 08:35 PM

1,617 posts, read 4,531,059 times
Cadenza? Is that, like, some piece of furniture an Italian family would have in their dining room?

Who names these things?

Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanSWM View Post
If there were a list of the ten most reliable reliability reports, would CR make the list? We have not found them very accurate.

Someone indicted they only poll their readers. What are the demographics of their subscribers? If they only poll their readers that may cause a built in bias.
I am a CR subscriber. They send you an email inviting you to log on to an online survey where they ask lots of questions about your car. I made sure to give them my two cents, mostly negative, about my Chevy Malibu. I see it didn't make the list.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:21 PM

22,152 posts, read 26,628,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Don't forget the lack of maneuverability and needless waste of valuable parking spaces. I occasionally see one of those old boats driving around the city. They can't navigate corners without spilling over into other lanes. They can't be parked in reasonably sized spaces and waste enormous amounts of street parking.
But now, instead of those old, large cars, there are the forward vision-blocking SUVs (when you are behind one, you can't see anything in front of you) of which some are very wide and almost as long as a '60s Chevy Caprice or Ford Galaxie.

As for driving and parking, it would, of course, depends on where you live. Fortunately, most of the streets where I live are nice and wide and, in general, large parking lots. Very easy to drive my cars in this area, even the limousine.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM

1,450 posts, read 2,079,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Don't forget the lack of maneuverability and needless waste of valuable parking spaces. I occasionally see one of those old boats driving around the city. They can't navigate corners without spilling over into other lanes. They can't be parked in reasonably sized spaces and waste enormous amounts of street parking.
you should have read the thread where Fleet was banging on about how well those land yachts handled...lol. He showed a picture of a very long, sweeper(had so little curve it barely qualified as a sweeper) and thought doing 70 in a boat, meant the car could handle well. Old people can be funny.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:45 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,012,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
9 Most Reliable Cars in Consumer Reports Rankings

Interesting to see VW with 2 cars...

And, as usual, Toyota products lead the way by a landslide....what they lack in sex appeal they more than make up for in reliability and value. Period. You are right though, VW, while nice looking, is the last thing I would consider as "Reliable".....

Old 11-24-2014, 11:26 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,401,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
And, as usual, Toyota products lead the way by a landslide....what they lack in sex appeal they more than make up for in reliability and value. Period. You are right though, VW, while nice looking, is the last thing I would consider as "Reliable".....
Actually my experience with VW (2 myself plus family has had at least 10) from reliability view point has been just as good as with Toyota (had 4), while VW is offering a lot more driving fun and better looks.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:41 PM

22,152 posts, read 26,628,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
you should have read the thread where Fleet was banging on about how well those land yachts handled...lol. He showed a picture of a very long, sweeper(had so little curve it barely qualified as a sweeper) and thought doing 70 in a boat, meant the car could handle well. Old people can be funny.
What's funny is when people can't admit that many of the classic, full-sized cars handled better than expected.

The video you are referring to was a curve on a street. The speed limit on the curved portion is 40 mph and my 76 limousine could go through it at 65 mph, probably even 70 or 75 if I wanted to push it that hard.

Here is a photo and video of street. And I am old enough to show respect to others; let me know when you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI78UWZdbMg

Old 11-24-2014, 07:46 PM

18 posts, read 14,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But now, instead of those old, large cars, there are the forward vision-blocking SUVs (when you are behind one, you can't see anything in front of you) of which some are very wide and almost as long as a '60s Chevy Caprice or Ford Galaxie.
For what it's worth, I would gladly exchange the inevitably frustrating SUV in front of me for a slick, elegant boat from America's Golden Age. Every time and twice on Sunday's! Sometimes, however, it can be even more stressful to pull out of a perpendicularly aligned space when parked right next to one or more SUV's. Then again, I drive a submarine (Japanese coupe), so not everyone is going to think like I do (those brutish SUV's ganging up on my pretty little Honda. The nerve!).

Good to see people coming to defend VW. I'm in the market and am hoping that the reliability stigma surrounding newer VW's is truly gone since the time Ferdinand Pich took over. I would much prefer a BMW but this is a thread about reliability, after all...

Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 AM

18,134 posts, read 16,465,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
The Honda Fit, being neither cheap, nor insubstantial (it's the largest, roomiest car in the subcompact class), is a rather bad example. The OP's article offers great fodder in the form of the miserable Toyota Yaris, yet the obvious is ignored.

And all I see with those extra-long sedans is packaging inefficiency. Way too much length wasted by the hood and trunk in relation to the interior compartment.
>>> I've never found a large trunk to be a waste of space or lack of efficiency, to me it would be a selling point. And extra steel between you and anything you hit or that hits you is never wasted. And room in an engine compartment where you can reach and fix mechanical parts yourself is a pleasant memory.
Now, paying extra for an engine with HP exceeding what you'd normally use, or for technology and gadgets you don't need or a sound system that can deafen you, that might be considered a waste, but to each their own.
I owned a 60s land yacht, a station wagon an older mid size sedan and now own a small hatchback, all had their plusses and minuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or