U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 08:18 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,205,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldon View Post
Do you by any chance know how long? Or whom should I call if I'm missing the title - DMV or the dealer? Thanks.
6 -8 weeks not uncommon. Call dealer at 3 weeks and ask how far process is, ask for DMV clerk.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 08:35 AM

13,349 posts, read 16,524,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Huh?

AB1215, which went into effect on 7-1-2012, mandated that every DEALER participate in the ELT (electronic vehicle title system).

Part of requiring the dealers to all use the electronic titling system was to save CA's DMV millions of dollars issuing paper titles when they weren't needed for a purchase transaction.

When I used to buy CA cars on paper titles and take them out of state, I always got a paper title in due course. I've not received a paper title from a CA dealer transaction in recent years without requesting it.

Ya ... they're in the process ... a relative of mine received a paper title recently with his financed car.
It takes some time to comply : https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1...en/dmv/vr/eltp

Q. When will the mandatory ELT requirement take effect? A.. We anticipate that the ELT program will begin mandatory participation in the second half of 2015. It is also anticipated that all mandatory ELT participants will be required to apply to be enrolled in the program between January and early March of 2016.
Please note: These dates are estimated and this website will be updated with actual mandatory participation dates once they are available. In the meantime, DMV is currently accepting voluntary participation applications.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or