U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:29 PM

981 posts, read 1,844,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Alright, lets hear it. Who do you think has the best looking vehicle lineup as of today. Also share who you think has the ugliest vehicle lineup. Go!

Best: Dodge

Worst: tie between Nissan and Honda
Ford and Toyota have good styling recently, except for the borg-like 4Runner face. I also avoid plastic light covers that stick out like warts. Easier to break if nothing else.

I think Mazda has the ugliest grilles, despite making some very good cars. They've looked like a mouth full of tobacco (sometimes smiling) for too long now. Any grille that looks like black maw is an odd design to me.

I think a car should look neutral, not happy or angry. Dodge has a bad habit of trying to appeal to d-bag self-images with its styling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,249,329 times
Best: Mazda, Audi, Ford

Worst: Mitsubishi, Toyota, Lexus

Old 11-20-2014, 09:05 PM

7,189 posts, read 5,259,248 times
Honda has to be the worst. They don't have a single model that doesn't look like utter crap. Plus they're responsible for the single ugliest car ever built. I feel disgusted every time I see a first gen Insight driving around.

Most manufacturers are not particularly memorable.

Mazda looks nice. Jaguar has finally figured out to how make a decent looking car.

Porsche always looks good even though their cars basically all look the same and have for decades. Well, I suppose there is the Panamera - a Porsche driven exclusively by middle aged men who wanted a little sports car but were forced into getting something to cart the kids around. It's a sad car for emasculated men who lead sad unfulfilled lives of quiet desperation.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,316,354 times
Best looking line? Surprisingly - Kia! I would say Jaguar but they don't have much of a line.

Worst? Honda and Nissan have been challenging each other for the title for years.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:01 PM

13,633 posts, read 8,654,691 times
Avalon is understated and elegant. Rav4 front end is awful. Optima still looks good. Genesis and K100 look better than BMW, MB has gone over the top with their headlight beads. What’s up with Lexus grille? VW could be mistaken with their 90s line up.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:16 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
I am only interested in trucks. I have never seen the likes of new offering from retooling to engines to new sizes in my life. Hot in sales/ profits and hot competition. The entire truck line up from Silverado quiet as a Cadillac inside to aluminum body to new diesel engines for lighter duty to powerful V8.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:27 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,249,329 times
My list of best to worst luxury (excluding exotics/super luxury)

Audi - Jaguar - Mercedes - Land Rover - Cadillac - BMW - Maserati - Acura/Lincoln (tie) - Infiniti - Lexus

I really don't like Lexus's spindle grille or Infiniti's gaping mouth - both ruin what would be otherwise decent looking vehicles. Lexus and Infiniti are both suffering an identity crisis. They try to do bold, but they don't do it very well. Acura is slowly getting better. A few years ago I would have put Acura in last place.

Acura/Lincoln are very hit or miss - they have some great looking vehicles (MKC/TSX) and some awful looking vehicles (MKT/MDX). The great vehicles make up for the couple eyesores, which is why I score them higher than Lexus / Infiniti.

BMW's current styling is very mid-pack to me. Certain cars like the M2 and the 6-Series Gran Coupe are stunning, but I'm not much of a fan of the pinched headlights and wide kidney grilles on most current Bimmers. Current BMW's are better than the Bangle butt era, but they are still a far cry from the E39/E46 era.

Audi is very consistent to me. They do a great job with restrained, elegant styling that tends to age well.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:13 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,942,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
Ford and Toyota have good styling recently, except for the borg-like 4Runner face. I also avoid plastic light covers that stick out like warts. Easier to break if nothing else.

I agree that Ford's lineup is very attractive for the most part, but Toyota? Heck no.

The Tundra is fugly, the Corolla is yawn, the Camry is meh, the RAV-4 is forgettable, the Prius is... puke, 4Runner is blech, Sequoia is boring, Sienna is funky, and FJ is horrid!

The only designs I think are decent from them are the Venza and Avalon. The rest are uninspiring to me.

Have you seen the upcoming Toyota Mirai and Prius V? Look at the 2015/2016 versions and try not to puke yourself to death. And dont blame me if you cant stop crying and lose vision in your eyes.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 AM

4,429 posts, read 3,103,104 times
Toyota designs to be non-offensive.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM

2,085 posts, read 1,818,152 times
Best: Audi and Mercedes
Worst: Nissan and Mitsubishi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or