Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 18,876 times

Advertisements

Please, anyone REALLY familiar with cars--can you please answer me. I need to know if I need to just pack up and leave if it sounds like the following is not normal to you:

My neighbor doesn't like me--seems he hates me. Well, what's been happening lately seems pretty weird to me.

I bought a new car 2 years ago. I just moved here about 5 months ago and the neighbor has made it clear he doesn't want me here several times. Here's the thing.

Last month my car wouldn't start, then I found out I needed a new battery, so I got that fixed.

Two weeks ago, my tire light came on. I had air placed in all tires, the light went off. The next morning, the tire light came back on, so I went and had two tires replaced--the light went out. The next morning, the light came on again. I had air placed in one of the front tires, the light went off. The next morning, the tire light came back on. I had air placed in the same tire and the light went off for good.

Now, tonight I seen that my headlight on the drivers side is out.

It's basically one thing after the other. Is it weird that the tire light kept coming on, then all of a sudden went off for good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 07:54 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,723,565 times
1. Did you at least talk to your neighbor and why does he hate you ???

2. The year, make and model of your vehicle would be helpful !!!

3. Having the whole complete true story will also help out a lot !!!

Old 11-23-2014, 08:01 AM

Anyone out there know a great deal about cars? I would highly appreciate if you could let me know if this sounds normal or if it sound like possible tampering to make things stop working? This car is only 2 years old. I've never had the battery, tires and headlights mess up one after another in any other car.

Thanks to anyone who can genuinely help me.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:10 AM

6,255 posts, read 16,975,181 times
I doubt any of those things have anything to do with your neighbor. How is your neighbor going to sabotage your battery when it's locked under the hood? How is he going to ruin your headlight without smashing it?

The very worst he could be doing is letting air out of your tires, and I doubt it.

You sound paranoid to me.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:20 AM

Thanks for your honest reply. I'm 21 female and know nothing about cars other than this never happened back to back with any other car. I was just wondering before I pack up and leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
I doubt any of those things have anything to do with your neighbor. How is your neighbor going to sabotage your battery when it's locked under the hood? How is he going to ruin your headlight without smashing it?

The very worst he could be doing is letting air out of your tires, and I doubt it.

You sound paranoid to me.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:02 AM

9,593 posts, read 31,541,199 times
Have you considered one of those In-Car Video Cameras, CarHelp?

Quite often displays for them at Car / Truck Shows emphasize what you are describing as one of their major benefits. Most mount to the inside mirror, are "motion sensitive" and easily blend in. If nothing else you may learn the "bad guy's" identity and possibly eliminate your neighbor.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive