U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,612,114 times
Reputation: 2075

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2004 View Post
How are people buying cars these days? Just about every car is atleast $30k and suv and minivans over $40/$50k.
Huh? There are plenty of cars under $20k, let alone $30k. Chevy Cruze, Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Subaru Impreza, Volkswagen Jetta, Jeep Compass, Fiat 500...all great cars under $20k. You must not be looking too hard...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2014, 04:53 PM
 
4,429 posts, read 3,103,104 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosec View Post
New cars are only bought by five kinds of people...

  1. The wealthy that can afford to throw away money.
  2. The financially ignorant or stupid.
  3. Those that prefer, pretty new shiny things instead of financial security.
  4. Those that are pretending to be wealthier than they really are (fake it till ya make it).
  5. Governments. Though they're not really people.
Did I miss any?
#6) People who buy to spite people like you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
 
89 posts, read 136,721 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Huh? There are plenty of cars under $20k, let alone $30k. Chevy Cruze, Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Subaru Impreza, Volkswagen Jetta, Jeep Compass, Fiat 500...all great cars under $20k. You must not be looking too hard...

Nice cars with a motor, not an economy priced go cart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,612,114 times
Reputation: 2075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2004 View Post
Nice cars with a motor, not an economy priced go cart
Oh, so you want something flashy, not just an actual car then? Are you expecting a BMW for under $30k? You have to pay for a nice car kid. However, the Focus, Fiesta and Civiv are regularly on top 10 best cars lists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Woodland Park, CO
3,133 posts, read 9,101,058 times
Reputation: 2463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosec View Post
New cars are only bought by five kinds of people...

  1. The wealthy that can afford to throw away money.
  2. The financially ignorant or stupid.
  3. Those that prefer, pretty new shiny things instead of financial security.
  4. Those that are pretending to be wealthier than they really are (fake it till ya make it).
  5. Governments. Though they're not really people.
Did I miss any?
A bunch.

Rental car companies. Hell, any business. Those that don't want people's junk.

Don't have to be rich to buy a $40K car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 05:06 PM
 
89 posts, read 136,721 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Oh, so you want something flashy, not just an actual car then? You have to pay for a nice car kid.

something more than the basic 4 cylinder isnt flashy, kid. Everyone of those cars you listed are great for a daily commuter, not a family of 6 vehicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,612,114 times
Reputation: 2075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2004 View Post
something more than the basic 4 cylinder isnt flashy, kid. Everyone of those cars you listed are great for a daily commuter, not a family of 6 vehicle
Ok, so first you ask how people can afford new cars and then go on to say you need a 6 passenger SUV? Most people don't need or want 6 passenger SUVs, thats why they can afford new cars. You should be looking at used 3 row SUVs. There are plenty of them out there but Im not doing your work for you again. If you spent as much time researching cars as you did crying in here, you would have found something by now. Off you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 06:06 PM
 
89 posts, read 136,721 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Ok, so first you ask how people can afford new cars and then go on to say you need a 6 passenger SUV? Most people don't need or want 6 passenger SUVs, thats why they can afford new cars. You should be looking at used 3 row SUVs. There are plenty of them out there but Im not doing your work for you again. If you spent as much time researching cars as you did crying in here, you would have found something by now. Off you go.
First off "kid" I started this thread as an inquiry, not for advice. Secondly, many people drive SUVs without children or families. If you choose to be single, live with 30 cats in your mothers basement and drive a NEW fiat, go for it. Thirdly, no one asked you do to anything, I don't need a new or used car. We have a great luxury SUV that is paid off and if I wanted to buy a brand new 3rd row vehicle I could have just about whatever I wanted.

Try reading the thread next time before you offer you worthless opinions. "Off you go"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 06:41 PM
 
4,429 posts, read 3,103,104 times
Reputation: 5262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2004 View Post
First off "kid" I started this thread as an inquiry, not for advice. Secondly, many people drive SUVs without children or families. If you choose to be single, live with 30 cats in your mothers basement and drive a NEW fiat, go for it. Thirdly, no one asked you do to anything, I don't need a new or used car. We have a great luxury SUV that is paid off and if I wanted to buy a brand new 3rd row vehicle I could have just about whatever I wanted.

Try reading the thread next time before you offer you worthless opinions. "Off you go"
You mad bro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2014, 07:07 PM
 
89 posts, read 136,721 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
You mad bro
Nope

Last edited by Panther2004; 12-05-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top