Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:56 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,327,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
I wish all of those idiots would stay off the road - so I could experience a 75% reduction in traffic congestion...
Only 75%? Clearly, you don't live in California.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
I hate the idiots who tailgate.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their turns.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their lane changes.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their highway merges.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their highway exits.

I hate the idiots who don't relenquish the left lane when they know the motorist behind them wants to travel at a faster speed.

I hate the idiots who yap on their phone while they're driving.

I hate the idiots who text while they're driving.

I hate the idiots who don't maintain the proper safety interval between their vehicle and others.

I hate the idiots who don't (at least) double their following distance in icy, rainy and snowy weather.

I hate the idiots who don't move over (at least) one lane to avoid a bicyclist, police traffic stop, tow truck call or stranded motorist.

I hate the idiots who drink and drive.

I hate the idiots who drug and drive.

I hate the idiots who run red lights.

I hate the idiots who don't turn-on their headlights in dark conditions.

I wish all of those idiots would stay off the road - so I could experience a 75% reduction in traffic congestion...
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
I hate the idiots who tailgate.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their turns.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their lane changes.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their highway merges.

I hate the idiots who don't signal their highway exits.

I hate the idiots who don't relenquish the left lane when they know the motorist behind them wants to travel at a faster speed.

I hate the idiots who yap on their phone while they're driving.

I hate the idiots who text while they're driving.

I hate the idiots who don't maintain the proper safety interval between their vehicle and others.

I hate the idiots who don't (at least) double their following distance in icy, rainy and snowy weather.

I hate the idiots who don't move over (at least) one lane to avoid a bicyclist, police traffic stop, tow truck call or stranded motorist.

I hate the idiots who drink and drive.

I hate the idiots who drug and drive.

I hate the idiots who run red lights.

I hate the idiots who don't turn-on their headlights in dark conditions.

Lol with a list that long you must have a serious case of road rage. Come drive around here in So Cal. You'll have a anneurism

Old 12-31-2014, 09:31 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,761,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Okay, found where I quoted a pertinent case before (I've since found another one but don't have it readily to hand - these days since I don't do it for a living I have to be in just the right mood to dig through all that stuff! ).

From the Court of Criminal Appeals, 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, Rickey Dewayne Abney v. The State of Texas, appealing the appeals court's finding (successfully). You can go look up the case if you want and read their reasoning, etc. - it's available online.

"We consider the totality of the circumstances at the time of the detention to determine whether a reasonable suspicion existed to justify the officer's action. (26) The Transportation Code certainly indicates that if there is a sign present that says the left lane is for passing only, then it is a traffic offense to travel in the left lane when not passing another vehicle. Section 544.004(a) states that an operator of a vehicle shall comply with an applicable official traffic control device such as a "left lane for passing only" sign. Without such a sign present within a reasonable distance of the traffic stop, there is no offense."

Apparently I also found case law back in 2002 that it appeared to me led to the change from "Slow traffic keep right" to "Left lane for passing only" language, but I didn't cite the case at that time. Will have to look again.

The State argued he was violating Section 544.011 of the Transportation Code, which requires a sign (or did then). I posted Section 545, which may have superseded 544, or the State just made a bad argument (most likely).

Last edited by LeagleEagleDFW; 12-31-2014 at 09:39 PM..

Old 12-31-2014, 11:27 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,447,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoiey View Post
I don't like to tailgaters so I hate them all.
Is it a rhetorical question/post?

Old 01-01-2015, 03:50 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
Yes. I like tailgaters.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:25 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
I've stopped paying attention to them and they no longer bother me. They have their advantages. It's easier to make a left turn onto a 2 way street when you have a car and another one tailgating them versus having a line of 20 cars all evenly spaced apart in such a way that you can't make the turn without flooring it.

It's mind over matter. Stop focusing on the tailgater... notice your thoughts and subconscious programmed reaction... consciously choose to think something else, overriding your built in reaction. If they happen to rear end you they'll have to pick up the insurance claim so relax....

really works wonders for peace of mind....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive