Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:09 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,376,619 times

Advertisements

Really depends on how horrible the driver is.

Watching this video of bad driver almost all of these people would get no reaction from me.... i would probably flip sh-t on the Silverado on the second clip however... that is borderline attempted murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iqMIRMXde8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 AM

25,723 posts, read 16,340,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Watching this video of bad driver almost all of these people would get no reaction from me.... i would probably flip sh-t on the Silverado on the second clip however... that is borderline attempted murder.

Wow, some of the stuff the person in this video gets upset about I don't even notice. The passing on the shoulders though, that is bad news, that will get noticed by the cops. I get a kick out of these geniuses who wonder how they get busted for that a few miles away from where they did it. They never stop to think just how many cameras they are on at all times.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:54 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,393,063 times
Quote:

Yep have that happen to me in New Jersey every day...it's expected but I'm tired of it.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:15 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,685,747 times
I just keep saying to myself that once they are out of my sight they are out of mind. The world is full of idiots and jerks, so I don't let them get to me, otherwise, it would drive me crazy.

Don

Old 02-14-2015, 09:55 AM

267 posts, read 300,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
No one drives the same as another; why not be pissed off at the rest of humanity?
The, "Not everyone drives alike" argument has already been addressed in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Most cars have a mutlifunction stalk, pushing foward engauges highbeams, pulling it backwards flashes the highbeams. Some people use them to let someone know they are going to be passing, or if they can pass, I've used it to let people turning on to a main road know that I am letting them get in front of me, so they aren't sitting at the exit of a parking for maybe 60 cars worth of time because people like yourself are so selfish and can't open your mind. Sometimes, yes sometimes it is used as a request that one merges so they can pass. It was intended as as a thing of consideration, more visable than simple waving your hand about such as letting a pedestrian cross the street safely. Can it be abused, sure it can, much like any other part of a car, such as the horn, or accellerator. Are you dense, stupid, or both?

Two quick flashes is usually a nice gester, much like two quick taps of the horn.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I will use my flash feature to let someone who has their turn signal on know that they can merge in front of me if they're trying to change lanes. I also will use them to let someone know they can go if we arrive at a stop sign at the same time and I don't know who was there first.

I think it's unreasonable to use them to tell someone to move over for you. I don't owe you anything and if you want to go faster than the speed limit, you're going to go around. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabell View Post
i know that i have been in a rush, i have driven when i was going threw a personal hell, i have made mistakes when im tired, upset, sad, rushed stressed, young and not thinking.. i guess i figure anyone one the street is not always perfect and makes mistakes too.. i let things slide for those reasons. and getting made doesnt change anything so i just dont get mad at those things
"Everyone makes mistakes" is a cop out and a disgusting excuse used by people who are too self absorbed to admit they need to change. Knowingly driving like an idiot isn't "a mistake". It's simply being an inconsiderate idiot and I believe the law should come down harder on people who drive recklessly.

Now, am I saying that I've never cut someone off by accident? Nope. But I can count on one hand the times I've done so and each time it's been a complete accident where I simply didn't see them and I threw my hand up in acknowledgment of my mistake. I didn't cut them off because I'm thinking to myself, "Well everyone makes mistakes, so I'm just going to go ahead and drive like a moron." Your comments suggest that you feel justified in driving recklessly because in your mind, "Everyone makes mistakes" so it must be OK to knowingly drive like a buffoon. Humanity can be a sad parasite indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I just keep saying to myself that once they are out of my sight they are out of mind. The world is full of idiots and jerks, so I don't let them get to me, otherwise, it would drive me crazy.

Don
Fair enough.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM

267 posts, read 300,904 times
Quote:

I always did think that it was complete and utter horse**** when people went on about how 'nice' Canadians are. I've had encounters with a few Canadians and they don't seem any nicer than Americans. In fact, if anything they seem a little more rude than Americans.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:15 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,639,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
I have road rage, and bad driving is something that I'm trying not to allow bother me so much. How do you keep yourself from getting pissed off when someone cuts you off or when someone is tailgating you?
By remembering that I make mistakes, too. I'm sure people have cursed me out at times on the road. Maybe the person tailgating or cutting you off is having a bad day and taking it out on other drivers -- which doesn't make it OK, but if you don't take it personally, it may not anger you as much. Just be a defensive driver and go about your day.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
"Everyone makes mistakes" is a cop out and a disgusting excuse used by people who are too self absorbed to admit they need to change. Knowingly driving like an idiot isn't "a mistake". It's simply being an inconsiderate idiot and I believe the law should come down harder on people who drive recklessly.

Now, am I saying that I've never cut someone off by accident? Nope. But I can count on one hand the times I've done so and each time it's been a complete accident where I simply didn't see them and I threw my hand up in acknowledgment of my mistake. I didn't cut them off because I'm thinking to myself, "Well everyone makes mistakes, so I'm just going to go ahead and drive like a moron." Your comments suggest that you feel justified in driving recklessly because in your mind, "Everyone makes mistakes" so it must be OK to knowingly drive like a buffoon. Humanity can be a sad parasite indeed.
I think you have a lot of anger that it would benefit you to let go of, and maybe defuse the situation a little bit when you encounter a "bad" driver on the road. You can't control what other people do. You can only control your reaction to them.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
What worked for me is inspired by Buddhism. I used to flip people off, flash my lights, and so on. Then started observing what effect this had on *me*. Surprise, surprise, it made me a lot more upset. So I started telling myself, don't respond; it's not worth it, it just makes you angry and does nothing to solve the situation. I also say, you're ok, nothing happened, some people are going to drive like this, just drive safe and don't make the situation worse. If you really want to go hardcore in this direction, you can also try wishing people happiness. If none of this works, crank up some SOAD.
As a wise person once said, "How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."

Old 02-14-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Now I'm starting to understand why so many people drive poorly. You guys are of the mindset that it's your business how you drive, and it doesn't concern or effect others. The thing is, it does effect others when they have to swerve out of the way to avoid slamming into you. If you're driving like an idiot and decide to drive your car off of a bridge, then that actually wouldn't concern me, because it wouldn't effect my life and I wouldn't have to make any accommodations for you, so I could ignore it without a problem. But when you unexpectedly come into my lane without signalling then you make it my business, because I have to share a road with you, get it? It seems as though some people actually believe that their poor driving doesn't effect others, which is mind boggling to me.
The point is, getting enraged at the other person doesn't change the situation. It just gets you agitated about something you have no control over. All you can do is make sure you're a safe driver. Everything else is out of your control.

You seem to want some kind of retribution for the bad drivers. I'm sure that if they're that bad, they'll eventually get pulled over or get in an accident. Maybe then they'll learn their lesson and be a better driver. Maybe they won't learn anything from it. Either way, there's nothing you can do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive