Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:32 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,140,265 times

Advertisements

has Datusn/Nissan ever made anything terribly memorable? I think I'd personally talk you out of a Nissan/Infiniti before a Hyundai.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 07:07 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,112,990 times
Your biggest adjustment would be to get used to looking at the Hyundai logo. Although, nowhere on the Genesis you see the name Hyundai. It is just the Genesis.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,536,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
has Datusn/Nissan ever made anything terribly memorable? I think I'd personally talk you out of a Nissan/Infiniti before a Hyundai.
You're kidding, right? Datsun 510 (cult following), Datsun 280ZX (cult following), Nissan SE-R (1st generation, cult following), Nissan 300ZX, Nissan GT-R, Nissan Skyline, etc. and etc. Although I wouldn't necessarily talk someone out of a Hyundai today, I certainly would have up until 8-10 years ago. Their cars were still very suspect up until that time. And even though Nissan isn't warming my blood like it did in the 90's, they produced many more positively memorable cars than Hyundai has throughout the years.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:55 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,064,430 times
Are you not considering the Equus?

Old 02-16-2015, 07:59 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,885,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
While I like the Equus it is more of a passenger oriented vehicle. It's ridiculously comfortable and offers plenty of leg room, a wine cooler and recline/massage functions for rear passengers. It's also a great car but larger/longer/heavier than the Genesis. For a comfortable, powerful daily driver I'd go with the 2015 Genesis with the 5.0 V8.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,101,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Your biggest adjustment would be to get used to looking at the Hyundai logo. Although, nowhere on the Genesis you see the name Hyundai. It is just the Genesis.
Too true! But I think I'm over it now, I'm liking the anti-luxury luxury car thing.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
It starts at $62k and yes, is more luxury oriented, a bit too much car for me. Sat in one at the dealership though, the new interior is quite something to behold. No doubt the 2016 exterior will reflect the new Genesis look, that would a very nice ride.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:27 PM

18,924 posts, read 43,225,958 times
Most of the reviews I've read say the 3.8 V6 is plenty powerful enough for most people, and makes the car feel less front heavy. It might be worth it to try one of those before spending thousands more for the V8.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:28 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,249,164 times
The Equus needs to evolve a bit more, IMO. I know two people who hated the car, one went back to Lexus and the other to BMW, with one actually being a lemon buyback, since they got every dime back on the purchase. A neighbor traded his previous generation Genesis for an Equus, but he's in the middle-age range, and wanted comfort over sportiness, though his wife drives an M3 convertible or an AMG station wagon, so there are enough touring/sporty vehicles in the household.

Hyundai has the wings and Genesis on the current car, no longer the large H on the trunk of the old model, which most owners switched to the wings anyway. So, it does not scream "Hyundai" as some other models tend to do. For the power and features, I still think it's very difficult to beat, and you can always have the suspension tuned aftermarket for sportier handling if you want, since it's not a terribly expensive proposition.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-16-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Most of the reviews I've read say the 3.8 V6 is plenty powerful enough for most people, and makes the car feel less front heavy. It might be worth it to try one of those before spending thousands more for the V8.
I may just do that, but I like the idea of a faster 0-60 time than my friends rc350. And I know myself, plenty powerful enough is not necessarily enough.

Plus, with some good negotiating even with the v8 I should save $8k off the gs i was looking at which doesn't have nearly the options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia