Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Simple answer, people can't drive properly. No different than the moron in town that is in such a rush they pull out in front of you and force you to hit the brakes to avoid hitting them, then they do 10 under the speed limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Because they're distracted by their portable screens when they should be focused on driving.

Just yesterday, I had to pass two cars plodding down the highway in the left lane going 10 MPH below the speed limit. Both drivers were texting. Get the **** out of the left lane, you morons!
These two answers. It's like in NASCAR during a flag-drop, if one car has an error off the start, the rest of the cars behind have to check-up and sometimes you can't (break issues, not breaking fast enough, being pushed, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
Rubberneckers play a major part of this. This past Sunday I was in CT and the traffic was all backed up on 91 going north due to an accident. The south bound lanes were 100 percent clear yet everyone slowed down to see what was going on in the north bound lanes. This backed up the south bound lanes for miles.

Another role are those that will slow down just because other people around them are slowing down, or those that slow down to allow someone driving slower than them to merge in front of them. Better yet those that see their turning lane backed up so they continue to drive to the last minute and cut everyone off to get ahead of everyone. Hello...this is the reason its backed up in the first place...everyone keeps cutting.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:07 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Foreigners who barely read English get drivers licenses and don't have a clue to the fact that the LEFT is for passing only and they are supposed to move back to the right. They seem to think that because they are doing the speed limit they are doing right. THAT IS THE PROBELM beside the Millenium kid who is multitasking via texting.
A lot of foreigners who just got into the 20/21 century about 15 years ago and learned to drive five years ago. That is the problem. Unlike Americans who were born with a driving wheel in their hands. But hey, the savior Barry has to let the world in for what? an agenda not everyone is sure about except that it is totally un-American, to let them in when we have so many of our own we need to take care of.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:34 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,389,117 times
Annoys the hell out of me. It would be so much better if everyone just set their cruise control and coasted.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Originally Posted by thinkalot
If both cars are going the speed limit why would you care?

So, if they're going the speed limit and obeying the law, how does this slow you down any?
Or are you mad at other people doing something wrong because it keeps you from doing something wrong?
It's called being considerate. I only go around 75-78 on the interstate while most around me are going 80-85 (speed limit is 75)... as such I occasionally come upon people going nearly the same speed as me... if I see somebody behind me as I'm passing somebody going almost the same speed I don't just sit there slowly passing them like a snail taking 5 minutes to do so, I accelerate and get back into the right lane. It's just called common courtesy and paying attention to your surroundings.

Praddling along in the left lane blocking traffic while very slowly passing at .5mph faster than the car on your right is inconsiderate. You're not going to get a ticket for the couple of extra MPH you have to go to get out of the other car's way.. the left lane is for passing... so pass and get back in the right lane.

If you are getting stressed out because people are going faster than you and exceeding the speed limit, and have something to 'prove' to them, then you are no better off than the speeders who have something to prove to the slowpokes. Relax.. but be courteous.

I should mention I go around 75-78 whether I'm on I-29 in South Dakota, I-90 in Minnesota, or I-90/94 in Wisconsin, where the speed limit is 65. Never gotten a ticket. This is why I'm against ticketing for anyone going above the limit at all.. because I prefer common sense speed limits.. people like to go around 75 on the interstate... cops clearly don't care if people do.. and that's fine by me... in fact it's more dangerous to drive in Wisconsin because the gap between the slowest and fastest drivers is higher... some go 65, others go 85. In South Dakota, very few go under 75 and equally few go above 85.. that's only a 10 MPH difference vs a 20 MPH difference in Wisconsin.. and in Wisconsin you have the Illinois/Chicago drivers going 90. I suppose that's the speed you need to go to get a ticket.

Last edited by sholomar; 03-04-2015 at 06:21 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 11:34 PM

695 posts, read 714,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
This is what too much caffeine can do to a person.
I don't use caffeine. I was just born impatient.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Any relation between these road rage activities and heart problems.....?

I think somebody was a wee bit bored in the middle of the night!
Both heart problems and Road Rage are genetic. Bad heart on both sides of the family, and following in dad's footsteps of being a very impatient driver. My favorite as a kid was when my dad would start screaming at a traffic cop who he didn't think was directing the traffic very well. He'd turn dark red in the face, scream at the top of his lungs while being inches from the cop's face, and threaten to knock the cop's teeth down his throat!

I just use my PA system for that instead.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Google conspiracy.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Usually the more powerful the car, the harder it is to keep at a constant highway speed unless you're staring at the speedometer the whole time. If you let off the gas just slightly you can easily drop from 80 to 70mph if you're not focused on keeping the speed constant. Also if you are speeding, you never drive a constant speed unless you want a ticket. When Assuming a 65mph zone, if I'm on a mission to get somewhere I will go 90 on straightaways and uphills, but I'll let off the gas and drop to 75 when I come over a crest or bend.
From personal experience I believe it to be the opposite. The less HP the harder to keep steady speed. I've driven four-cylinders where I've had to floor it just to "try" and maintain speed up hill. For this reason I won't own a vehicle that won't do a decent Break-Stand.

For those of you who don't know what a Break-Stand is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq7z...M&html5=1&hd=1

Old 03-06-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
You have the right to commit sin, eh? And whence do you derive that right?

If you have that right, then every other human being has the same right. Or does that apply only to sins that you approve of? If so, who died and gave you any level of authority?
I have freedom of CHOICE, therefore the option, or choice, is a God-given right; and I choose to SPEED at all times and under all circumstances.

If someone causes me to stop speeding, they are NOT Sinning but rather stopping me from continuing to commit my Sin, and I have no tolerance for that!

Hebrews 10:26 ¶ "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive