Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:14 PM

479 posts, read 1,433,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaineiac View Post
I've seen a lot of stupid things, but no level of stupid seems to compare to going the wrong way down an Interstate highway, or passing someone on a two-lane road when there is oncoming traffic.

I've only seen a wrong-way driver once on the Interstate (too many times to count on other one-way roads, however), but I've had to head for the ditch or breakdown lane on numerous occasions because of impatient people who won't wait for a safe spot to pass.
That reminds me of another thing I saw once: a cyclist with one of those baby trailer things riding down the middle of the interstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 01:45 PM

124 posts, read 186,236 times
Default Reckless Driving

A guy who was driving rapidly down the freeway with his right hand on the steering wheel, while holding a very badly secured canoe on the roof of the car with his left.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:11 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Had a guy last year blow past a bunch of cars in a fairly long exit lane at aroun 100mph in a bmw sedan.

At the last minute he merged back in cutting across the marked separation zone. Scary manuever.

He then got in the slow merge lane and I caught up to him in time to see the pre-schooler in the carseat in his backseat.

Oooooops. Daddy was late to daycare that day.....I bet if mommy ever saw him drive like that.....no more daddy.

Wonder if he knows that would be child endangerment charges if he were caught?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:34 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
100+ miles an hour through residential areas, blowing every stop sign/light, driving up on the curb/sidewalks and shooting out the window (at me). Seriously.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:22 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
I was driving in the passing lane, girl came off the on ramp and merged right over into passing lane in a space I was occupying at the moment. I don't think she ever even looked, fortunately I was paying attention and there was plenty of shoulder to move over. We're talking about inches that she missed me.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:37 PM

635 posts, read 783,604 times
I see a lot of people reading with their book on the steering wheel while driving. Or using a laptop on the passenger seat.
Everyone is in way too big of a hurry. Cell phone use is so bad i almost hate cell phones.People putting others lives in danger so they can text.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:55 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Dallas mix master interchange. For Hispanics in a car with a mattress on the roof. The mattress wasn't tied down. Just four arms reaching up from out of the windows to hold the mattress.

Early morning thick heavy fog, no head lights on, driving above the posted speed limit, while kids stand on the side of the road waiting for the school bus.
i saw the same thing once but with a caucasion lady on i-95. the mattress flipped off the mini van and she pulled over. i assume to frog-ger it off the middle lane.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 PM

179 posts, read 149,553 times
A vehicle loaded with children and none of them are in their special seats or even belted.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:27 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,637 times
oh about 18 years ago in Tucson I was stopped at a light. Coming from the opposite direction was a big pickup truck. Deliberately going through the red light that he had. He had both palms up on the steering wheel and pointed the middle finger of each hand out. His expression was rage. I could not forget that. Not sure if he ended up in a crash moments later or not but there could have been one right at that intersection. He obviously did not care if he hurt anyone or himself.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:56 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Jersey highway 295 North, heading home after the Cowtown Rodeo one night. I was in the right lane and a car passed me. On the right. At about 70 miles an hour. He then careened from the shoulder of the road into the far left lane, narrowly missing several other cars.

When he passed me, it looked like he had something over his face - I couldn't see what he looked like. He tailgated another person about 6 inches off their bumper and then rocketed past them, nearly ricocheting off another car. My friend was driving herself home about a mile or so ahead of me, and I tried to get her on the phone to tell her to get over into the right lane and watch out for this guy. I became a road hazard myself for a few moments because I was trying to figure out this guy's license plate and call my friend to warn her. Finally gave up on the license number and just called my friend. He apparently zoomed past her doing the same thing a few moments later, but she saw him coming and was safely out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive