Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 04:05 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times

Advertisements

I didn't know Honda dealerships manufactured the cars.

That's like buying a Toshiba laptop at Best Buy and buying the Best Buy Geek Squad warranty and calling it a Toshiba warranty.

The mfg did not issue the warranty, the dealer (store, etc) issued the warranty (underwritten by another third party) on a product they sold.

You said the Accord comes with a lifetime warranty. Correction: Only Accords purchased from specific dealerships offering this lifetime warranty. It is NOT a universal lifetime warranty for ALL Accords or Hondas

This statement is true: All new Hondas come with a manufacturer warranty
This statement is false: All new Hondas come with a limited lifetime powertrain warranty (it is DEALER specific)

Old 03-24-2015, 04:14 PM

922 posts, read 1,149,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Do you understand that privately owned dealerships who happen to sell Honda's are completely different from Honda the auto manufacturer? If you do, it should be fairly simple to understand that a warranty offered by Honda the auto manufacturer is infinitely better than a 3rd party warranty offered by Bill's Honda Dealer. For anyone making a purchasing decision based on warranty, this is a game changing difference. You can ignore this fact all you want but it won't make it any less true. I wouldn't depend on a 3rd party warranty for anything other than a lighter wallet (you will be paying for the warranty one way or another).

If the OP wants a Honda Accord, they will get a Honda Accord.
If the OP wants a Hyundai Sonata, they will get a Hyundai Sonata.
If the OP wants the best warranty they can get, they will get the Hyundai Sonata.

The only person pretending that 3rd party warranties don't have significant issues is you. No one else believes they are on equal footing with the standard expectations of manufacturer warranties.

Tell us how you can purchase a Honda directly from the manufacturer. Yeah, you can't.

It's funny how you have a difficult time admitting you were wrong, when you clearly are.

Again, it doesn't take a MENSA member to follow a simple conversation. OP said his Honda dealer offers lifetime warranty. I reminded someone of this fact. Your response was that "Honda" (no mention of Honda the manufacturer) did not offer a lifetime warranty. Honda (dealers) do, so you are clearly wrong yet you can't admit it.

That's OK, you're obviously one of those pig-headed people who can't admit they're wrong.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:17 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoarrow View Post
Tell us how you can purchase a Honda directly from the manufacturer. Yeah, you can't.

It's funny how you have a difficult time admitting you were wrong, when you clearly are.

Again, it doesn't take a MENSA member to follow a simple conversation. OP said his Honda dealer offers lifetime warranty. I reminded someone of this fact. Your response was that "Honda" (no mention of Honda the manufacturer) did not offer a lifetime warranty. Honda (dealers) do, so you are clearly wrong yet you can't admit it.

That's OK, you're obviously one of those pig-headed people who can't admit they're wrong.
Why would you need to buy a car directly from Honda? A Honda bought new at any US dealership today comes with a 60k mile manufaturers warranty. It is backed by Honda and just about the best warranty you can get. Non manufacturer warranties backed by places like PSC AutoShield on the other hand are the worst warranties you can get. That is the kind of warranty you'll be getting when buying a new Honda from one of these sales gimmick dealerships offering unlimited warranties.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:19 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,735,287 times
Quote:

But that doesn't stop the manufacturer from offer their own warranty on their product

Old 03-24-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I didn't know Honda dealerships manufactured the cars.

That's like buying a Toshiba laptop at Best Buy and buying the Best Buy Geek Squad warranty and calling it a Toshiba warranty.

The mfg did not issue the warranty, the dealer (store, etc) issued the warranty (underwritten by another third party) on a product they sold.

You said the Accord comes with a lifetime warranty. Correction: Only Accords purchased from specific dealerships offering this lifetime warranty. It is NOT a universal lifetime warranty for ALL Accords or Hondas

This statement is true: All new Hondas come with a manufacturer warranty
This statement is false: All new Hondas come with a limited lifetime powertrain warranty (it is DEALER specific)
Again, cite the post where the OP or I claimed it was a warranty from the manufacturer.

Funny how your buddy never clarified what he meant by "Honda" which can mean either the manufacturer and dealer.

When someone says "I'm going to Honda to buy a new Accord today!" Do you think he literally means he's headed to Marysville, Ohio where they manufacturer it to buy one?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Again, cite the post where the OP or I claimed it was a warranty from the manufacturer.

Funny how your buddy never clarified what he meant by "Honda" which can mean either the manufacturer and dealer.

When someone says "I'm going to Honda to buy a new Accord today!" Do you think he literally means he's headed to Marysville, Ohio where they manufacturer it to buy one?

I specified very clearly the distinction between Honda the manufacturer and a privately owned Honda dealership. When buying cars, everyone I know specifies the dealer when asked where they bought it from and they are smart enough to understand that Tracy Toyota is simply a Toyota dealer in Tracy CA or Camissa Hyundai is a Hyundai dealer owned by the Camissa group. Ownership is key here as a Honda Accord warranty offered by anyone other than Honda is worthless.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:26 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Certain honda dealerships may offer lifetime warranties but "Hondas" don't come with lifetime warranties or "the accord" doesn't come with lifetime warranties, some may but the accord, meaning all do not

Old 03-24-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Why would you need to buy a car directly from Honda? A Honda bought new at any US dealership today comes with a 60k mile manufaturers warranty. It is backed by Honda and just about the best warranty you can get. Non manufacturer warranties backed by places like PSC AutoShield on the other hand are the worst warranties you can get. That is the kind of warranty you'll be getting when buying a new Honda from one of these sales gimmick dealerships offering unlimited warranties.

I'm addressing your claims that the word "Honda" can only refer to the manufacturer. If someone says they're headed to KFC to buy a bucket of chicken, they must be talking about their corporate office in Louisville, KY? Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Not to mention, OP and I made it perfectly clear that this wasn't a manufacturer backed warranty, that's just in your mind or just a sad attempt not to admit you were wrong.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I specified very clearly the distinction between Honda the manufacturer and a privately owned Honda dealership. When buying cars, everyone I know specifies the dealer when asked where they bought it from and they are smart enough to understand that Tracy Toyota is simply a Toyota dealer in Tracy CA or Camissa Hyundai is a Hyundai dealer owned by the Camissa group. Ownership is key here as a Honda Accord warranty offered by anyone other than Honda is worthless.

Not in your original post. You claimed "Honda" didn't offer a lifetime warranty. Honda dealers do offer a lifetime warranty because dealers are a part of Honda and are their representatives who must follow their rules and regulations. If they were doing something illegal they would be shut down.

Again, not the OP nor I ever claimed the warranty was backed by the manufacturer and anyone who can follow a simple conversation can verify this. That's an argument you are making after the fact because you know you were wrong.

Your opinion on 3rd party warranty has no relevance to this discussion. Just merely a diversion tactic.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Not in your original post. You claimed "Honda" didn't offer a lifetime warranty. Honda dealers do offer a lifetime warranty because dealers are a part of Honda and are their representatives who must follow their rules and regulations. If they were doing something illegal they would be shut down.

Again, not the OP nor I ever claimed the warranty was backed by the manufacturer and anyone who can follow a simple conversation can verify this. That's an argument you are making after the fact because you know you were wrong.

Your opinion on 3rd party warranty has no relevance to this discussion. Just merely a diversion tactic.
I claimed Honda doesn't and it doesn't (your erroneous interpretation doesn't change the facts). Honda dealerships are privately owned and have their own management and CEO. Offering 3rd party warranties isn't illegal which is why nothing needs to be shutdown in the same sense that a restaurant offering terrible food isn't required to shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive