Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times

Advertisements

Whats the price to own what is probably the worlds fastest street legal car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Same car takes down three 2000hp Lambos, 2 Vipers, and a Supra back to back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcHumlKI5EE

Old 03-26-2015, 06:37 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,630 times
I would use the money to buy a small aircraft that does 200mph all day long and never stops at stop signs and you will never be stopped by the police. But then you can't impress your friends when you are a mile above them.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:45 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
I would use the money to buy a small aircraft that does 200mph all day long and never stops at stop signs and you will never be stopped by the police. But then you can't impress your friends when you are a mile above them.
I'd rather have a jet boat where I can have 4 women in bikinis I'd get pretty bored up in the sky after a while. A few friends of mine have one each and we have a blast every summer!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:50 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
It may be street legal but is it street usable? I haven't seen the video - but that speed on a prepared sticky track, with drag slicks, launching at 5,000 RPM, with the line locks engaged and all the staggered nitrous shots engineered in (if it does use the bottle), etc...not practical and repeatable on the street. Besides that, it's strange they are measuring 0-60. On a drag strip it's all about time - 60 foot times maybe, then speed.
Also - there is a point were horsepower, particularly on a small displacement engine without torque, maybe huge cams and ported out heads, becomes impractical and NOT FUN on the street. You have to wind those babies up, and an otherwise high performance race car that does it's cruising at between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM becomes a sluggish dog on the street.

Edit: However, this is a stock production car from second glance? Otherwise impressive and I am sure they would make it street friendly.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:45 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,086,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It may be street legal but is it street usable? I haven't seen the video - but that speed on a prepared sticky track, with drag slicks, launching at 5,000 RPM, with the line locks engaged and all the staggered nitrous shots engineered in (if it does use the bottle), etc...not practical and repeatable on the street. Besides that, it's strange they are measuring 0-60. On a drag strip it's all about time - 60 foot times maybe, then speed.
Also - there is a point were horsepower, particularly on a small displacement engine without torque, maybe huge cams and ported out heads, becomes impractical and NOT FUN on the street. You have to wind those babies up, and an otherwise high performance race car that does it's cruising at between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM becomes a sluggish dog on the street.

Edit: However, this is a stock production car from second glance? Otherwise impressive and I am sure they would make it street friendly.
It's not a production car. AMS has been building monster GTR's for years now and they know how to get these cars to perform and I believe the AMS GTR has run a 7.7s quarter mile. The important bit is that its street legal and has a full interior so it isn't some stripped out race car. They probably mention 0-60 just because its ridiculously quick for any car but particularly one with a full interior and relatively large weight. I can't comment on street drivability but I imagine it wouldn't be as responsive as a stock GTR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive