Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:10 PM

6,388 posts, read 6,917,751 times

Advertisements

What happens when you get stuck in the snow? The tire will only spin up to the speed limit and that's it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:45 AM

756 posts, read 827,679 times
Exclamation Plus One Billion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Speeding (within reason) is not the problem. Inattentive driving is. Ford needs to build a car that slaps you in the face if you pickup your cell phone.

Cars have become nothing more than a telephone box on wheels.
Quote:
Speeding (within reason) is not the problem. Inattentive driving is. Ford needs to build a car that slaps you in the face if you pickup your cell phone.
This.

Quote:

This.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:34 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,916,138 times
What if I want to drive faster than the speed limit?

Old 03-26-2015, 04:21 AM

4,857 posts, read 5,765,931 times
Luckily I will never own a new car. I'll be an XDriver to save you people from your suicidal self drivers.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,431,312 times
What if the only way to avoid a collision is to speed up?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,202,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
They already have limiters in place on most cars these days anyway. SOme are higher limits then others though. This is just the next step to lower those limits.

I do agree that the fleet vehicles would love this, as well as insurance companies. Most people buying a personal car probably not.
Limiters are usually set by tire speed rating limits for manufacture protection. That is why a reputable tire shop will not replace your tires with a lower speed rating, but will replace with a higher speed rating.

Quote:

That's all they need. If the driver picks up a phone, the car determines there is no one behind and then slams on the break, slamming the drivers head against the steering wheel and remains there until the emergency crew comes and take the idiot to the hospital.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:00 AM

15,677 posts, read 20,164,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Im a big car fan. I worked for a car magazine in the late 70's and early 80's. But, I stand by what I said, car culture has spun out of control. It's not binary. You can have responsibility and nice cars.

Define spinning out of control?

because of a few bad apples you want to ruin it for everyone else?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:23 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
What if I want to drive faster than the speed limit?
Then driver faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
What if the only way to avoid a collision is to speed up?
Then speed up.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:11 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,670,687 times
Would suck if you were trying to get away from a deranged maniac (think horror movie style) and you come along a work zone where everyone has gone home already but your car speed is locked into the work zone speed limit and suddenly slows down to 15 mph in work zone area. Of course the deranged maniac is driving an old pickup so he doesn't have to worry about the car slowing him down

Old 03-26-2015, 12:41 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,305,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
How about a car that won't let you turn the steering wheel unless you turn on your turn signals
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Why would you want to signal the enemy as to your intentions?
lol!! And given that LeagleEagle is from South Florida, it's entirely understandable why he/she feels that way! (Unless you've driven a car there, you wouldn't understand. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive