Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:15 AM

155 posts, read 204,768 times

Advertisements

I will let them haul it away with trailer or whatever if they like it once they paid me and all the paperwork is done of course. I live in MD(MARYLAND). Can I post video of me showing it works and everything on youtube and just tell them no test drive is allowed to due no license/tags in the ad? I know that seems sketchy but I don't want to pay insurance or tag fees for that car anymore. I will drive on my own on youtube but around my neighborhood block so I have no needs for getting a ticket or worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 06:20 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,016,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
I will let them haul it away with trailer or whatever if they like it once they paid me and all the paperwork is done of course. I live in MD(MARYLAND). Can I post video of me showing it works and everything on youtube and just tell them no test drive is allowed to due no license/tags in the ad? I know that seems sketchy but I don't want to pay insurance or tag fees for that car anymore. I will drive on my own on youtube but around my neighborhood block so I have no needs for getting a ticket or worst.

it's your car you can try to sell it however you want to; up to any potential buyers if they want to deal with it in that manner or not.
You will likely find out soon enough if that works for ya but i'm of the opinion either one will want to drive the car or they won't need to, a video wouldn't sway me anyway

Old 04-07-2015, 06:23 AM

155 posts, read 204,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
it's your car you can try to sell it however you want to; up to any potential buyers if they want to deal with it in that manner or not.
You will likely find out soon enough if that works for ya but i'm of the opinion either one will want to drive the car or they won't need to, a video wouldn't sway me anyway
But do you think a video is good enough to allow them to see that it works and everything? I will give them the vin number of the car on the ad.

Last edited by helpmeout1; 04-07-2015 at 06:46 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 08:04 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
A video is not the same as a test drive. Personally, I would want to drive the car around the block at least, and I wouldn't even consider buying it without that option.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:06 AM

590 posts, read 714,099 times
Quote:
It is a 2001 toyota camry. I was going to ask 1.6k for it. The question is how can I allow a test drive? The car is literally just sitting there.

Most cars do this when not in use....just saying!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:13 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
You can get temporary insurance and tags. There is no need to "live on the edge" or "take a drive on the wild side".

Old 04-07-2015, 08:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
A video is not the same as a test drive.
Personally, I would want to drive the car around the block at least, and I wouldn't
even consider buying it without that option.
I wouldn't either. If someone didn't keep it current...maybe they
didn't have the $ to fix a few problems either...see?
It's a possibility...just sayin'.

Bought a Honda Accord once that the guy had running to warm it up for me....
who knew it had a terrible time starting up in the cold!
Out of 36 calls, he only called me, because I sounded so pleasant on the voicemail...
he might have thought naive! Still loved the car.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
You are WAY overthinking this. It's a fifteen year old car, a beater, for sale for minimal bucks.

As is, where is.

It might start for that money. Tires fair? It moves back and forth? Drove it until you parked it?

Good enough.

Anyone buying that car realistically needs to understand that it might go a hundred yards, or a hundred thousand miles. That's why it is priced where it is. Forget all the "marketing" stuff. The car isn't worth it.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:02 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,439 times
exactly what ted said

Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
Quote:
I will drive on my own on youtube but around my neighborhood block so I have no needs for getting a ticket or worst.
Once you drive off your property and onto a public road, you run the risk of a ticket, in your hood or not......and if you hit something, or involved in an accident, especially if there are injuries......game changer right there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive