Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:13 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
American people, especially men are becoming softer by the minute. The OP's post is case in point. My only response would be- "Put your boots on and cowboy up".
I get that...if we want to ride jackhammers all the way home. After a 12-hour day climbing towers on a plant turnaround, I'll let you have that "honor".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 05:09 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,164,128 times
first I thought this is meant as a joke post...Camry SE and "sporty" are at opposite ends and to call any Camry a "rough ride" it is more than a stretch...

Old 04-15-2015, 06:19 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
first I thought this is meant as a joke post...Camry SE and "sporty" are at opposite ends and to call any Camry a "rough ride" it is more than a stretch...
Compared to a rear drive land yacht like a Crown Vic, I can see where a Camry SE would seem "sporty".

Old 05-16-2015, 05:42 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
That Camry SE offers a lot of value for the $3000+ off MSRP that deal diggers usually get them for. Normally I wouldn't consider buying new but that front spoiler has actually grown on me a bit.. I may have to take a look at one to replace my 15 year old Grand Am. Big reason I want the adaptive cruise control. I like the half faux leather, half cloth seats and it seems to come with a lot of the extra equipment.

I'd get an Accord but despite all the complaints about their uncomfortable seats they continue to use them... plus they cost more and tend not to budge on MSRP. Also I'd rather have a slushbox over the CVT at this point.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 669 times
I have a 2015 se camry and am laughing at some of the posts i have seen from different websites. I have several herniated disks and just get super agitated driving in my car vs. my wife's rav 4. Remember various times feeling like damn how does this road feel so much worse in my car. I am glad to not be the only one who has been tortured by this vehicle. over 40,000 miles and almost 5 years of owning it I don't know how much more I can take. Reading these articles makes me want to abandon ship asap. My plan was to try and buy new and run it into the ground knowing toyota never stops and try and at least get 200k miles. Im so ignorant i thought it was just the roads and was set on the fact that suv's must ride smoother. Now I don't know what car to get. I also feel too tall in that vehicle and cramped with the arm rest and center console. Hopefully these blogs will prevent someone from buying a camry se. If we can save one poor soul that would be a small win for mankind HAHAHA.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:19 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
THIS IS A 2015 POST.

The seats on the Toyota Camry are just wonderful now that they put foam padding into them.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:26 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Delphi MagneRide is an $1,800 option on a Corvette, about a tenth of what a Camry costs.
Worth it, IMO.
Every car I've driven that had it (three Cadillacs and Buick) was a magic carpet ride.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:26 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
The quality of the ride varies with conditions. I live in SE Michigan where potholes are more of the road surface than asphalt. A stiff ride like a truck is tolerable. soft riding cars are like being on a sailboat in chop. Of course, sooner or later the potholes break your struts and then the ride gets pretty wild.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:24 AM

21,872 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Worth it, IMO.
Every car I've driven that had it (three Cadillacs and Buick) was a magic carpet ride.
Depends what you want. They don't offer anymore performance than a sporty road suspension setup (e.g., Mustang Track Pack). Mustang with the basic track pack is fine for driving around on. A bit sloppy for the track but not obnoxious on the street. You'll also never confuse it with a Buick though.

If you want a Buick it's almost a necessity nowadays. That's not really because it's necessary but because Buicks just aren't your grandpa's Buick anymore. The suspension is quite a bit firmer. You can't just sit on the trunk and watch it squat down six inches anymore as they actually have some suspension damping. That helps immensely in ride composure but they don't ride on a magic cloud like they used to. On the other hand do the crazy thing and stick the 20" wheels on it and the opposite of what ever happens when you stick ridiculously large wheels and low profile tires on a car happens. It rides better (and handles better, which is sort of secondary for a Buick). I really have no idea why anyone would buy something like the Lacrosse and NOT check that option box.

Well, actually I do. It's because GM is rather stupid and call it the driving dynamic package. The typical Lacrosse buyer doesn't care about driving dynamics and seeing as how they're 70 years old and live in a retirement community aren't hip on new things. Given that they should have just made it standard equipment on anything but the base model which really just exists for fleet sales anyway. Or at least called it something that sounds attractive to the typical Buick buyer who rather understandably would quickly turn away from a driving dynamic package as anathema given that generally means worse ride quality in exchange for better handling and they're looking at a Buick.

All of which is really a shame. Not exactly my cup of tea but the Lacrosse is quite good for what it is with MagneRide. Without, well, frankly you'd be better of buying a Kia Cadenza. It rides better and more like the Buick you're expecting than the Buick does.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:12 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
On the other hand do the crazy thing and stick the 20" wheels on it and the opposite of what ever happens when you stick ridiculously large wheels and low profile tires on a car happens. It rides better (and handles better, which is sort of secondary for a Buick). I really have no idea why anyone would buy something like the Lacrosse and NOT check that option box.
The LaCrosse rides like crap on 20's. No MRC is available. I'd never check that box.

The Buick that had MRC was the Lucerne Super. Totally transformed it.
I believe it's the cheapest car to ever get Magnetic Ride Control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive