Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:23 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,827,567 times

Advertisements

I think I picked up a new SD card with updated maps for my gen coupe for 125 or 150 on sale. Get it directly from the supplier and not the dealer - the install you didn't do that they are blaming is super easy.

https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/

Also, check your warranty paperwork. Don't know about Hyundai but some warranties don't cover nav at all, or else just for one year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm fairly certain you'll get this covered. It's unfortunate that you have to jump through these hoops but for whatever reason, certain dealerships get the idea that denying claims is somehow good for business. A friend of mine ran into the same roadblocks getting a warranty claim approved on a Honda Accord and its ridiculous that customers have to deal with it.
Dealerships have to do a balancing act. Warranty claims are reimbursed by the manufacturer; but if a particular dealership is seen as being overly generous with warranty claims they will come under scrutiny from the manufacturer, who may even start withholding reimbursement.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Then the dealership is an even bigger idiot than we're led to believe.

They're willing to let this customer walk out the door forever over this?

If it was covered under warranty, they'd get reimbursed for the work by the manufacturer. If I were the dealer, I would've done it, the work would cost them so little and not doing it would lose them:

-future service work from this customer
-future sales to this customer

Not to mention that when someone has a bad experience, they tell more people about it than if they had a good experience.
Warranty is with the manufacturer as always; not the dealer. They always check on warranty work for even the instructions on procedure of what to do first. On this the manufacturer says not a warranty issue ;so dealer will not get paid. Happens all the time.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:02 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysoperror404 View Post
I am trying to go up the food chain, but cant find any contacts. So far since this morning, the service manager wont return my calls either and hyundai customer service was surprisingly useless as they side with the DPSM.

The car is still with them for other issue, and WILL be staying there until this is resolved. I cant believe they are fighting me over a $300 memory card, and its harder to believe they never heard of a memory card failing!

-error
Threaten them with Angie List condemnation and general Internet reputation destruction in every way shape or form that you can think of. Then do it if they don't respond correctly. Then send the district manager the online results of your condemnation and explain to him that you will now make a hobby of destroying their reputation at every turn and will comment on every Social Media mention of their outfit. Then do that. Follow that up the food chain with Hyundai Corporate showing and telling them about your plan. At some point someone will give you satisfaction or you will cost them lost profits totaling WAY more than $300. Have some fun with it!

Old 04-10-2015, 01:15 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Threaten them with Angie List condemnation and general Internet reputation destruction in every way shape or form that you can think of. Then do it if they don't respond correctly. Then send the district manager the online results of your condemnation and explain to him that you will now make a hobby of destroying their reputation at every turn and will comment on every Social Media mention of their outfit. Then do that. Follow that up the food chain with Hyundai Corporate showing and telling them about your plan. At some point someone will give you satisfaction or you will cost them lost profits totaling WAY more than $300. Have some fun with it!
Outstanding advice! Now, try reading the rest of the thread.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:37 AM

57 posts, read 99,923 times
So friday there was no contact from the dealer at all, besides the nav card, they are also looking at a few other things, with major one being the burning rubber smell after driving.

I know others had this issue and didn't find an exact cause, but cars been in the shop since tuesday! Almost 1 week without the car and no loaner! They said i need to "call in advance" to get a loaner!

This whole issue is really starting to make me wonder about hyundai! I love the car, best one I've owned, but the service seems to be a bit lacking on the post sales side.

-error

Old 04-11-2015, 06:31 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,450 times
take to another dealer

Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post
take to another dealer
I cant, they have the vin flagged as nav being tampered with, plus the same district manager covers all local areas.

Still no word from the dealer, no call or anything saturday either!
Hopefully today i'll hear something.

Frank

Old 04-13-2015, 06:35 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
I'd spend an entire sat in front of the dealership warning potential customers that hyundai doesn't honor thier warranties and make sure those in charge see me doing it. If they confront you tell them they you will be back every sat until the issue is resolved. They can fix your $300 problem or lose out on thousands!

Old 04-14-2015, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I'd spend an entire sat in front of the dealership warning potential customers that hyundai doesn't honor thier warranties and make sure those in charge see me doing it. If they confront you tell them they you will be back every sat until the issue is resolved. They can fix your $300 problem or lose out on thousands!
Well today is day 7 in the shop, still had no contact since last thursday! They have gone 3 working days without an update!

Now I did tell them to keep the car until its fixed, but i still was expecting some kind of updates.

Now one of the issues its in for is a burning rubber smell coming from the car that they can diagnose. So i am refusing the car back until that is fixed as its a safety concern.

With that being said, the car has been in the shop for 1 week, 3 more weeks and lemon law kicks in! This will be the biggest pain for them when they have to buy the vehicle back. Im hoping it doesnt come to this, but if they can fix the problem, it will no longer be my problem.

-error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive