Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 PM

24,310 posts, read 25,820,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
wow i thought me giving a couple of people some new custom pinstripes was bad
Enough is enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,010,274 times
Quote:
wow i thought me giving a couple of people some new custom pinstripes was bad
A hefty punt with a steel-toed boot leaves a ding comparable to someone opening their door against your car

Some people treat parking areas like a Rules Free Zone - bad behavior reigns. I always park way out on the end of an aisle and put as much space between myself and other cars as possible. I don't mind the walk and am generally in-n-out with my shopping by the time the people trolling for a spot as close to the building as possible have finally found one that satisfies them. I'd say .. about 50% of the time I come out to find someone has committed an act of rudeness next to my car. They park too close, run a shopping cart up next to my car and leave a scratch ... one time I had a passenger. They went to get in and let out a loud caw of disgust. Someone had dropped a freakin' loaded diaper on the ground next to the my car - right by the d*mned door I had to pull out a ways so my passenger could get in.

IF I am sure who the miscreant is, then I feel punishment is justified - making sure it fits the circumstances. It's very rare to find recourse with the law, and people shouldn't be allowed to damage your vehicle and get away with it.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:04 AM

8 posts, read 24,580 times
This is why I always park my precious MR2 far away in the parking lot at work. In 7 months I got some nasty scraps on the passenger side of my front bumper (looks like a SUV went over it slightly yet no permanent damage). Also got a shopping cart mark (least it looks like it) on the driver side rear bumper. Made me so pissed off I was thinking about getting a 24/7 surveillance system somehow built into my car, hell I'm still thinking about it. She may be in not so good condition with a crappy Maaco paint job, but she's my girl. Only things I value more so then her are my friends and family. If I ever catch someone doing something to my car. God help them and they better pray someones there to peel me off of them.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,004,342 times
Quote:
The thing that made my blood boil the most was coming outside and seeing some fool parked on or up against my bumper pinning me in a space, this was so bad in the city (nj) they actually were selling rubber mats that you put on your bumper to stop paint and dent damage to your car.
that's when GOOD TREAD.....A STURDY BUMPER....and a STRONG TRANSMISSION come in handy.......the squeal of rubber as you open up the space

Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM

941 posts, read 2,297,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
that's when GOOD TREAD.....A STURDY BUMPER....and a STRONG TRANSMISSION come in handy.......the squeal of rubber as you open up the space
Ha, yeah i get your drift !

Old 01-21-2008, 06:11 PM

854 posts, read 2,854,154 times
I Park Like An Idiot - You suck at parking! Let the world know it!

stickers!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,525,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_47_00 View Post
No.

Now inform me what I should have done, sir.
Not taken up a space in the employee parking lot. It's not yours to use. Your spot is out with the rest of the lousy parkers.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM

47,890 posts, read 21,895,446 times
If I found this note on my windshield I would take the A word to be the signature of the one who wrote it. You really need to chill and not take yourself so seriously. Chill and Breathe. Don't let your blood come to a boil over such trivial things. If you feel compelled to leave a note, make it constructive and not abusive; it that case it might actuallly address the problem, not just have two people driving about who are upset and/or angry.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 PM

904 posts, read 2,864,878 times
I don't know about you people, but I think anybody who lives in a city has learn to deal with close parking. Case in point below.

When I lived in NY, I was on a block with a lot of close-together townhouses and parking was always at a premium. Whenever I parked, if there was a lot of space in front of me, I would back up to a reasonable distance (usually wound up being a couple of feet) in front of the car behind me so as to maximize space for everyone else. One time I did this when I came home from work, and this jerk on my block who drove an F-350 or something that took up two spots (and he thought it deserved four) yells out his window "why don't you get a little closer?" I was SO close to getting into my car and backing up closer to his stupid truck, but I just tried to explain to him why I did it. He, of course, would have none of it, and so I went inside and continued to park just the way I always had. Nevertheless, the dude really made me angry.

The moral of the story? If you live in a densely-populated area, getting into and out of tight parking spaces is a fact of life. Deal with it. If you cannot, sell your car or move to to the damn boonies.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:57 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,915,778 times
I'm a big walker... so 9 out of 10 times, I opt to park way far away and hike in to wherever I'm going. I did this one night, came out to find the taillight of my car busted all over the ground. Someone had parked close to me and, upon backing out, smashed into my bumper. BUT... they left a note. A real note. Name, address, phone #. I called. Turns out it was some dentist who was in a hurry and backed his SUV into my car. He gave me a check for the estimate I got on the repair. When the repair was done, there was money left over. So I went to his work and gave him the change. It was only about $60- 70, but still, it wasn't mine to keep. In my opinion, he did the right thing by leaving a real note and taking responsibility, just thought I'd return the favor! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/canibeyou/shrug.gif (broken link)

Now my Mom had her car smashed into and, since there were witness' the guy who hit her car wrote a note. The witness' thought he was doing the right thing, so they didn't bother to confront him. Turns out, his note said nothing more than, "Zorro was here". Hope Karma caught up with his *ss!

Great thread, btw. Love the stories.

A couple of you might need anger managment though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive