Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:52 PM

928 posts, read 2,704,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
You did yourself a favor by passing on that Commander, I promise you. I had a 2010 Grand Jeep Cherokee w/5.7L and AWD, and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Problem after problem after problem. Leaking transmission. Fixed by dealer. Leaking ago. Ate water pumps like candy. Suspension bushings rotted out so bad the front struts hit the axles. On and on and on....just say NO! to Chrysler!
Now I am a Chrysler man, had good luck with everything I owned.
BUT,
I was a Chrysler Service Manager until 2011. The Commander seemed to be the worst vehicle I ever dealt with. I can't think of one that didn't have a ton of problems. Some of my old dealer co workers still own them and like them, but they also had a lot of problems early on.
I would also recommend passing on any Commanders unless you work at a Chrysler Dealership

Last edited by ghostrider7811; 05-30-2015 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 09:10 PM

995 posts, read 992,190 times
That's a sweet looking Armada! Enjoy

Old 05-31-2015, 05:21 AM

2,691 posts, read 3,308,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
I haven't towed with the Armada yet, but people say it's one of the best 1/2 tone SUVs to tow with. You need to make sure it has the correct tow package to get the 9K rating, 3.36 gears, and air suspension.

But I found a deal on a 2011 F-250 I couldn't pass up. Very high miles, but maintained by a fleet every 5k miles and body is in good shape. Just needs a detail. Everything works and it's a nicely loaded up XLT with bluetooth/sirius/power seat/FX4 off road package, and best part, has a siren/microphone system! lol

Buying this on Monday for $8,300:
FORD F-250 CREW CAB

Will be nice to throw in firewood/bikes/etc into the bed, fill up the water/gray/black tanks, and not worry about payload capacity.
Nice truck, and that's coming from a chevy guy. What was it used for ??....that's a lot of miles in a short period.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:03 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,814,193 times
Yeah, it's a big gamble. But it's clean enough that it is worth it. I'll only put 5k miles a year on it, so hoping to get 3 or 4 years before getting into a newer truck.

It was owned by a company called Buckley Powder, an explosives company. This truck was driven by a field supervisor who drove it all around Oklahoma and Texas to construction sites. They retire their 3/4 trucks at 200K, guy drove it up to Colorado where HQ is and drove back home with a 2015 F-250.

I am going to do a level kit, 35" black wheels/tires, and some new shocks. Will replace any other suspension components that are shot. Also going to add a $300 factory looking backup camera. Could be a money pit for me if I'm not careful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive