Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,126,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
So what if the car reviewers do not like it? Mostly the reviewer dislikes are due to it's far more truckish/harsh ride, relative lack of amenities, amount of road noise it lets in, and in general it's more crude nature.

None of it seems to hurt it one bit in the marketplace. It has moved into being one of the top 20 selling vehicles in the country. It regularly has been of of the top (and sometimes they top) vehicles for value retention and resale value. It has one of the lowest costs of ownership in it's class. It has a very strong and loyal owner base. It is a giant cash cow for Chrysler.

Whether or not Car and Driver, or the local news paper car scribe thinks it is great next to the the plethora of cute utes on the market doesn't mean it is a poor vehicle. It may be one of the best vehicles available for targeting it's intended market and nailing all the key points that market segment is looking for.
To many people take what they read as gospel, if c/d driver says it junk then it's junk right you take them at their word. I'm glade some people are not like that Chrysler is selling cars and trucks again and making money. They had to put a hold on sales of the hell challenger because they can't make them fast enough same thing with the engine, that's a good problem to have, so all you Chrysler bashers they don't really care what you say they are smiling all the way to the bank. I know a couple guys who work for chrysler they are working 10 hours a day 7 days a week. And the Chrysler 200 sales are up over 200% from last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 10:16 AM

17,198 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
So what if the car reviewers do not like it? Mostly the reviewer dislikes are due to it's far more truckish/harsh ride, relative lack of amenities, amount of road noise it lets in, and in general it's more crude nature.

None of it seems to hurt it one bit in the marketplace. It has moved into being one of the top 20 selling vehicles in the country. It regularly has been of of the top (and sometimes they top) vehicles for value retention and resale value. It has one of the lowest costs of ownership in it's class. It has a very strong and loyal owner base. It is a giant cash cow for Chrysler.

Whether or not Car and Driver, or the local news paper car scribe thinks it is great next to the the plethora of cute utes on the market doesn't mean it is a poor vehicle. It may be one of the best vehicles available for targeting it's intended market and nailing all the key points that market segment is looking for.
Hold your horses.
I was merely making a statement. I actually own a YJ. Like I said, it's a fun vehicle to drive, but it definitely has its share of glaring issues -- as do the new ones.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:52 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54
To many people take what they read as gospel, if c/d driver says it junk then it's junk right you take them at their word. I'm glade some people are not like that Chrysler is selling cars and trucks again and making money. They had to put a hold on sales of the hell challenger because they can't make them fast enough same thing with the engine, that's a good problem to have, so all you Chrysler bashers they don't really care what you say they are smiling all the way to the bank. I know a couple guys who work for chrysler they are working 10 hours a day 7 days a week. And the Chrysler 200 sales are up over 200% from last year.
I think the upheaval at Chrysler over the past couple decades with different owners, the recent bankruptcy, etc, has lead to a lack of consistency in their products throughout the lineup and from year to year. That has lead to a worsening reputation as some of the more lackluster products of recent times drive down overall perception, hurting the reputation of the better products.

FCA has been cleaning a lot of that up since the merger, which should help in the long run. It is imperative, however, that Chrysler and/or ZF figure out what is going on with those 9 speed transmissions in the Cherokee and 200. The problems with that transmission have gotten severe and widespread enough that mention of it has started in mainstream media. That has the potential to be very damaging to their reputation, as well as future product planning since all their FWD based products will eventually migrate to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Hold your horses.
I was merely making a statement. I actually own a YJ. Like I said, it's a fun vehicle to drive, but it definitely has its share of glaring issues -- as do the new ones.
Sorry to have offended. Just meant to point out the Wrangler, despite not being an automotive media darling, is doing a lot right. By now the JK's are pretty well sorted too with continual improvement over the years. I had a couple TJ's which were flawed in terms of some modern things, but mechanically were flawless.

The JK, though, is a good example of the lack of consistency from one year to the next. Early JK's suffered from leaking hard top roofs. The circa 2012 JK's, after the start of the Pentastar engines, suffered from valve tick and head gasket issues. Despite these hurdles and some others, as well as the relative old age of the JK now in the marketplace (entering it's 10th model year since it's last redesign) JK sales are absolutely through the roof.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:59 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Especially seeing as the Wrangler is ranked #1 in its segment (it ranks poorly with every car reviewer. Fun to drive, but not a top scorer by a long shot.)
Usually the poor review comes from the vehicle's crappy on-pavement driving characteristics and it's infamously repeated quality rankings are almost always based on initial quality surveys, not vehicle longevity.

You ever notice how many 20 and even 30 year old Wranglers are still tooling around on the streets these days? There might be something to that ranking.

If nothing else, they've gotta be the easiest modern day vehicles to fix.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:29 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Chrysler. SO quality. SO dependable. So #1. ROFLMAO!

1.4 million vehicles bought back:
Chrysler recalls 1.4 million hackable cars - Jul. 24, 2015
500,000 vehicles bought back:
Gov't: Fiat Chrysler Must Offer to Buy Back 500,000 Pickups - ABC News

So far, to date, that is nearly twice as many cars as NAFTA Fiat/Chrysler has sold this year, lol.
http://www.carsitaly.net/fiat-chrysler-sales.htm
Will their net vehicles leaving the lot be a positive this year? One wonders...

Chrysler...Numba 1! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive