Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 02:15 PM

19,361 posts, read 27,576,013 times

Advertisements

I'm in the market for a new lease. I keep seeing deals for other regions that are very different than what is available in my region - particularly on GM vehicles.

for example, Chevy Malibu 1LT. 24 month lease, 20,000 miles, same exact model. Mid atlantic region is $179/month with $1999 down. North Atlantic region is $169/month with zero down. WTH?

Same issue occured with Buick Verano with similar numbers.

It's very annoying to see these regional deals. I'd happily drive to get one, but since I can't register the car in that mid atlantic state, they can't sell/lease it to me. Annoying as hell!

/end of rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 02:55 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,399,041 times
Then don't buy a GM product. There are a lot of better manufacturers out their that would be happy to get your business.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Then don't buy a GM product. There are a lot of better manufacturers out their that would be happy to get your business.
I agree. Which is why I won't BUY the vehicle. I'm LEASING the vehicle.

I will BUY a vehicle from Toyota or Suburu or Honda in 2017-2018 when I can get all the new safety stuff on models that don't require upgrading to the top trip levels. (I don't need or want to pay for sunroof, leather seats, $2600 stereo system, etc.)

I just want a 24 month lease on a midsize vehicle that is cheap. Those are available from GM in other states, but not in mine. And no, Toyota, Suburu, Honda, Hyundai don't have them. Either they require a minimum of 36 months, or a MUCH larger payment, or a MUCH larger cap reduction.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 PM

9,780 posts, read 7,038,871 times
The deals are regional because of the regional dealer groups. The manufacturer works out a deal with a regional group which requires the group to kick in some money (dealer participation required) or to commit to buying X number of vehicles for the region. Hence they aren't interested in subsidizing the customers of another regional dealer group.

All manufacturers have regional groups and this type of thing happens all the time.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:14 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,675,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I agree. Which is why I won't BUY the vehicle. I'm LEASING the vehicle.

I will BUY a vehicle from Toyota or Suburu or Honda in 2017-2018 when I can get all the new safety stuff on models that don't require upgrading to the top trip levels. (I don't need or want to pay for sunroof, leather seats, $2600 stereo system, etc.)

I just want a 24 month lease on a midsize vehicle that is cheap. Those are available from GM in other states, but not in mine. And no, Toyota, Suburu, Honda, Hyundai don't have them. Either they require a minimum of 36 months, or a MUCH larger payment, or a MUCH larger cap reduction.
With that thinking you are better off biting the bullet and purchasing that Toyota/Subaru/Honda today rather than wait two years after the sunk costs of this lease is up. But for the long term

Old 08-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
With that thinking you are better off biting the bullet and purchasing that Toyota/Subaru/Honda today rather than wait two years after the sunk costs of this lease is up. But for the long term
In many ways, I agree with you. However, to get the safety features I want, I have to purchase the highest trim model with every option and upgrade available. The safety features cost about $500-$1700, depending on the manufacture and specific features included in the package. The total cost of the vehicle increases $7000-$10,000 because of the higher trim level and other crap I don't want or need.

In 2017, Toyota is going to start offering those safety features on ALL trims and ALL of their cars. Getting to 2017 in something as cheap as possible is the goal.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:35 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,675,740 times
Quote:
In many ways, I agree with you. However, to get the safety features I want, I have to purchase the highest trim model with every option and upgrade available. The safety features cost about $500-$1700, depending on the manufacture and specific features included in the package. The total cost of the vehicle increases $7000-$10,000 because of the higher trim level and other crap I don't want or need.

In 2017, Toyota is going to start offering those safety features on ALL trims and ALL of their cars. Getting to 2017 in something as cheap as possible is the goal.
Than drive what you have until then to spend the least amount until 2017. Leasing a car for two years to save $7000-10,0000 doesn't make financial sense (hint: you're not saving anything)

Old 08-12-2015, 06:58 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,502,377 times
Quote:

Im curious as to which safety features you are speaking of that only comes in higher trim levels?

Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Im curious as to which safety features you are speaking of that only comes in higher trim levels?
The three I wanted:

Blind spot detection
. (should be required on ALL vehicles! Much more useful for saving lives than the back up camera that is required in 2016 vehicles!)
Radar cruise control aka adaptive cruise control
Lane departure alert

Also available, but less interesting to me:

Pre-collision system / automated braking

Old 08-15-2015, 11:56 AM

20,867 posts, read 23,399,041 times
Blind spot detection - turn your head when you wish to change lanes. I was taught that when I started driving.

Radar cruise control - never heard of it beside I rarely use my cruise control.

lane departure - pay attention and you won't depart your lane.

There I just saved you thousands of $$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive