Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 04:28 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Well that wouldn't happen because only in a Cayenne the fuel pump would go out suddenly
Wrong.

Your Toyota would sputter and crawl to a stop as the engine died. (Toyota uses Denso fuel pumps btw, you think they never fail???) They're good for about 100k.

Me, I'd get a little warning light on the dash telling me the fuel pump was inoperative... and then I'd keep driving along to my destination, because I have two fuel pumps.

You want to know where all the weight is? THAT is a prime example. It's a beefier, better built car. That's all there is to it.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:41 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburger View Post
AMC Eagle.

Those eagles landed long ago. Can you find parts for them?

Old 09-05-2015, 04:55 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Wrong.

Your Toyota would sputter and crawl to a stop as the engine died. (Toyota uses Denso fuel pumps btw, you think they never fail???) They're good for about 100k.

Me, I'd get a little warning light on the dash telling me the fuel pump was inoperative... and then I'd keep driving along to my destination, because I have two fuel pumps.

You want to know where all the weight is? THAT is a prime example. It's a beefier, better built car. That's all there is to it.
100K miles? Please show me proof of this as I have rarely heard of a Toyota fuel pump giving out.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
100K miles? Please show me proof of this as I have rarely heard of a Toyota fuel pump giving out.
Gee, what a surprise, another guy who knows absolutely nothing about the Cayenne and posts misinformation wants me to enlighten him on yet another aspect of vehicles.

I don't think so.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Have you ever seen the movie Doc Hollywood? It’s about a Porsche, but a much cooler Porsche.

I’d imagine that Buffy and Tad would have to rough it out in a one star motel while the pump is on national back order. The mechanic installs the fuel pump because the “rich” owner said it was the fuel pump. The Porsche still won’t start because the mechanic in this small town doesn’t have a Durametric scanner.

The Toyota owner, well he’s down the road.
Well, it's certainly no surprise to me that all your knowledge of the brand comes from a movie.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:16 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Well, it's certainly no surprise to me that all your knowledge of the brand comes from a movie.
The car in the movie was a Porsche Speedster not some mall rated Buffy and Tad mobile

Old 09-05-2015, 05:17 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Wrong.

So by that standard a Hummer H1 is better built that your Chili Pepper Volkswagen

Old 09-06-2015, 12:52 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Not to mention the window regualtors, all of them studdenly died and the windows fell into the doors.
LOL, but then.... suddenly four new windows will miraculously pop out the doors just after a little dashboard light told him "all windows non operative"... Because the magnificent Cayenne has two pieces of everything!!

Hmm i wonder, maybe that's where all the weight comes from

Old 09-06-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
LOL, but then.... suddenly four new windows will miraculously pop out the doors just after a little dashboard light told him "all windows non operative"... Because the magnificent Cayenne has two pieces of everything!!

Hmm i wonder, maybe that's where all the weight comes from
Window regulators rarely fail on the Cayenne. They fail far more often on Jeeps and other brands. How do I know? I've had both and I've had to replace many of them.

It's too bad you seem to have such a loathing for the Cayenne. Class envy maybe, I don't know. Taking the time to disparage a vehicle you don't even own or know anything about is pretty silly.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:10 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
for AWD car a late model Subaru WRX or a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart for two speed high-low transfer case "traditional" 4-wheel drive either a Jeep Wrangler (TJ) Rubicon 4.0 I6 or 4.0 V6 Nissan Xterra
I thought Ralliartz were all fwd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive