Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseo1 View Post
if you think "girls" these days give crap about what kinda car you drive, I got sum bad news (protip: as long as its not a beater)
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 09:43 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
This is America, not the USSR, and ownership of a powerful car does not represent theft from the Proletariat.

Now, get your Corolla out of my way, you peasant.
amen, bro. Its MURICA and because race car.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:23 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
well after 11 pages you finally made my point, dudes only drive "fast cars" because their little itty bitty balls
Please. Insults are not an argument and just make you seem more childish.

On the other hand, in spite of the fact that I compeltely disagree with your entire premise, I just thought about the fact that I daily drive a lightly modified 2004 MINI Cooper S which is probably only making about 175 Hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
I would take a 4 banger with a manual over a 6 with an auto any day. HP is not getting you there any faster, and a 6cyl auto is certainly not more fun.

If you are driving an SUV with high 2's in power your likely slower than an econobox.

Of course if money was no concern I would be buying a high HP RWD stick shift vehicle. Unfortunately that has lately been relegated to big money cars only. The American sports sedan is all but dead.
You could always buy one of the Subaru BRZ or the Scion equivalent, which are underpowered by most standards and add a pretty nice supercharger kit for only a few thousand bucks. Not a sedan (or American) but a pretty sweet ride from what I've seen and all in not too far past $30k.

Last edited by Sherifftruman; 09-24-2015 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 10:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
...if you live in a metro area and have to commute to work? Wow you opened up your dodge at a redlight and I met you 1/4 mile down the road at the next light congrats!
Not if you can't see where you are going. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGDaEjMQYs

Old 09-24-2015, 10:27 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
well after 11 pages you finally made my point, dudes only drive "fast cars" because their little itty bitty balls
I had one of those regal GS's. Didn't think I would it but I actually miss the power, it was nice to have on the highway. Very responsive. Considering the gas mileage was about the same compared to current car why not?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:28 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not if you can't see where you are going. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGDaEjMQYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQQPqLoxd_U

Lubed tires on both. Super cool!

FWD sports car 4 lyfe

Old 09-24-2015, 02:03 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
did you read OP? I said major metro area....

what looks foolish is you gassing it to the next red light then I pull up laugh and you pretend you dont see me laughing LOL

You have a mighty high opinion of yourself - be careful...YOU might laugh at the wrong person and wish you had 500hp.

What do you do some of us might think to be silly?

Old 09-24-2015, 02:22 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_XdcYSgK8

Old 09-24-2015, 02:23 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
if you think "girls" these days give crap about what kinda car you drive, I got sum bad news (protip: as long as its not a beater)
Teens and 20 year old chicks love cars just different types these days compared to when i was a teen. Today they like the ricers with fart mufflers on them and guys who wear skinny jeans. When i started driving in the early 90s as a teen i lived at the jersey shore and girls would always ask for a ride. I had one girl jump in the middle of the street to tell me she loved the camaro I was driving and wanted to get in. And the only people wearing skinny jeans back then were girls

Old 09-24-2015, 03:10 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Why can't people just drive the kind of cars that they like and can afford? Why does it have to be one kind of car just because it can get from point A to point B?

My thoughts on cars? They need to be cool. They need to have 2 doors. Fast is cool. Style is cool. The car has to be something that people want to drive. I want a 6 speed only because I don't think they offer a 7 speed yet. I want to be a part of the driving experience. If a car looks cool but could be improved upon then you need to take it upon yourself to make the changes needed to make your car look cooler. Lower it, strip off the unwanted hardware, IE door handles, locks, sanitize the interior, make it clean and cool looking. Paint scheme needs to be cool. Drop the ride low, or have it sitting on air. To me that is cool and fun to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive