Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 05:44 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,208,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
why only on one side? i don't know about that. the other side seems fine.

plus these are spec'd to fit my Honda Accord.

as to those saying i'd have an issue returning the original rotor:

Sam: No worries since you have with me I will be glad to process your replacement with your prepaid return label.
There you have it.
I've successfully processed your free replacement with free expedited shipping.
Me: great, thank you very much
Sam: The replacement will be delivered on Friday, October 2, 2015
If you got them from a local place you could walk in with old and walk out with new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 05:51 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,725,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
If you got them from a local place you could walk in with old and walk out with new.
what's the difference? not to mention i can't take off the old without already having the new.

some people will argue over anything

Old 10-01-2015, 06:01 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,208,084 times
Quote:
what's the difference? not to mention i can't take off the old without already having the new.

They would let you pay for new ones and refund when you brought in the defective Ones.

The difference here is you wouldn't be driving around a potentially dangerous car or one that is causing more damage to itself.

It is a difference I get and understand because I do my own work.

Also I see that you live in the NY area. Hopefully the storm doesn't de- expedite your shipping.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:02 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Heck that about the rate here in SW Florida and the Mechanics are paid $15-20 of the $75+..
And the shop pays the utilities, the taxes on the paycheck, the rent/mortgage payment along with all the other shop expenses like insurance that never seem to end! I suspect the fixed overhead is higher than the mechanics paycheck!

Old 10-01-2015, 06:09 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
The OP tried to save a few bucks and the mechanic made a few bucks by doing exactly what was he was told to do.

What I find the most shocking is that this happened in New York, not Florida. After all, Florida is full of shady business people and scammers and New York is the best place in the world, full of the highest paid smartest people!

In hindsight, I wouldn't bother "amazoning" a parts list. After all, how many brake jobs would you save money on over the life of the car? Keep a car 150K miles and do 2 brake jobs......did you save $100 total by sourcing your own parts? $100 in 150K miles isn't exactly a windfall!

Old 10-01-2015, 06:12 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
And the shop pays the utilities, the taxes on the paycheck, the rent/mortgage payment along with all the other shop expenses like insurance that never seem to end! I suspect the fixed overhead is higher than the mechanics paycheck!
Well Florida is a cheap ass state they do not pay well like they do in the north. In Illinois some of the mechanics belong to a union. And I live in Florida in Clearwater every time I have taken my car to the dealer to be fixed always had to make 2 or more trips back to get it fixed right , never had that problem when I lived in the Detroit area always fixed right the first time. Yes you pay more in Michigan but you get things fixed the right way.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:

You are the one who screwed up on this deal and now YOU have to pay for YOUR mistake.
Take the car to a legit shop and pay them to do the job right and chalk it up to a learning experience.

To quote an unknown person, "you get what you paid for".

Old 10-01-2015, 06:36 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,725,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You are the one who screwed up on this deal and now YOU have to pay for YOUR mistake.
Take the car to a legit shop and pay them to do the job right and chalk it up to a learning experience.

To quote an unknown person, "you get what you paid for".
huh?

how did i screw up? i bought quality parts and brought it to a reputable mechanic.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:44 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
huh?

how did i screw up? i bought quality parts and brought it to a reputable mechanic.
Because you don't bring your own parts to a shop unless you are willing to accept the consequences of having to deal with defective parts.

You buy your own parts when you are doing the work yourself.

That's how you screwed up.

BTW I just changed the front rotors on our car this past Monday. It cost me $60 but I bought from a known auto parts supplier (Rock Auto) and I did not buy the economy brand I bought Raybestos.

Next time do your homework instead of complaining after the fact.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:46 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
Quote:
huh?

And your car is still not right, if you took it to a regular shop they would make sure it's done right because they did the work and used their parts that they ordered. So who messed up? Being cheap now has got you nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive