Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 AM

780 posts, read 2,905,850 times

Advertisements

I have very little concern about a vehicle aesthetic, interior and exterior. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about paint correction, paint protection film, and a whole bunch of weird procedures about preserving a finish, however that's after the fact. When deciding on a car to buy, I consider heavily on its performance and mechanical excellence then color. The rest is merely icing on the cake. I can appreciate body lines, contours, proportions, "stance", and balances when it comes to exterior aesthetic and I discuss them with friends who are automotive enthusiasts, but those don't decide what I buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 08:17 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,156,765 times
when someone is rich i get it
when people overextend themselves i don't

Old 10-07-2015, 08:20 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,932,787 times
I think this is a beautiful "car" in it's own way

Simplicity, durability, and ruggedness can be beautiful qualities in a vehicle as well.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:56 AM

4,178 posts, read 3,703,156 times
You don't have to be rich to buy an attractive looking car, or at least the more attractive car.

If I am in the market for an SUV and I have two options...a 2015 Toyota 4Runner or a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. For me its a no brainer that I would buy the 4Runner. I think the Mallfinder looks like an over stretched Murano and has lost its styling cues from its original roots. Both are reliable, but the 4Runner speaks to me as its rugged, classic design, etc...There is always a choice when it comes to looks. I think peoples taste in vehicles tends to be a little weird when it comes to what they find attractive (Nissan Cube, Pontiac Aztec, list goes on), of course if those were the better looking cars id be afraid to see what the other choice was.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,079,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I'm always interested at how many people will let appearance override any other factor when paying a 5-figure or 6-figure price for a car.
Quote:
You can't have sex with your … it can't respond back to your flattery…no one is going to be impressed after you take the dealer tags off… you can't see it when you're driving
Quote:
Think that a car is beautiful to look at, you'll get more enjoyment out of buying a scale model and keeping it on your desk.
Quote:
you are not paying for reliable transportation.. you're paying for art because of the emotional response.
Quote:
The issue I have is … judge cars solely on their looks
This thread is equivalent to asking people why they care hair color when you believe bald is the way to go. They just do, and you don’t.

No quantity nor quality of posts in this thread could ever possibly explain the answer to your question in a way you would understand, because you’re just not a car person. And that’s fine. No one is judging you for driving a beige Chevy Malibu....so don’t sweat it.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:12 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,670,687 times
Of course looks matter, otherwise car designers wouldn't exist and we would have boxes on wheels

Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Of course looks matter, otherwise car designers wouldn't exist and we would have boxes on wheels
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."

-Henry Ford

Old 10-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."

-Henry Ford
Not in 2015

Old 10-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Not in 2015
Just making an observation on how things have progressed...

Old 10-07-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Just making an observation on how things have progressed...
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive