Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 PM

635 posts, read 1,165,739 times

Advertisements

1. A big rig in the right lane struggles to make it up a hill, okay fine. But then the big rig behind that struggling big rig gets into the left lane and then struggles to pass the rig on the right effectively clogging the highway.
  2. Big rigs parking overnight on off-ramp shoulders which blocks the view of motorists trying to merge with traffic off that ramp.
  3. Big rigs ignoring 'No Parking' signs when parking overnight.

So what are your gripes against these highway thugs?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:58 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Highway thugs? Seriously?

Wasn't there a thread about this a few months ago?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:59 PM

251 posts, read 311,646 times
Pretty much everything.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:07 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,106,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
  1. A big rig in the right lane struggles to make it up a hill, okay fine. But then the big rig behind that struggling big rig gets into the left lane and then struggles to pass the rig on the right effectively clogging the highway.
  2. Big rigs parking overnight on off-ramp shoulders which blocks the view of motorists trying to merge with traffic off that ramp.

Two and three are a direct result of poor trip planning.
Know your hours and yank the first, legal parking space you can before your hours dry up.

As a trucker myself, couldn't agree more with the "elephant races" I encounter whenever traversing the 40 between Santa Rosa and any points west.
Pay attention to your mirrors and any slight sign of traffic behind before attempting that garbage.

It's a good thing I don't have a CB in either my assigned semi-tractor, or any regular car I drive.
They used to be good for getting help and other things back in the day.
Now they're just an audible form of...........a message board?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
When they try passing and they should know better that their speed limited freightshaker lease special with the lowest hp spec is not going to cut it.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:14 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
I drive around all day for my job and I see them tailgating vehicles all the time now. They seem to be within 5 ft of a cars bumpers, it's a recipe for disaster. It must be the newer/younger drivers, but it seems to be getting out of control.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:17 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Yes.

I commute for long distances on i-35 everyday that I go to work and I see that the truck drivers are just getting more and more dangerous.

They don't use common sense about following distances, don't use common sense about merging traffic, and overall they seem aggressive and irresponsible.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:20 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

Highway Thugs?

How do you think you get every product you use daily from your wah-not-a-man undies to the vehicle you drive?

Those highway thugs deliver it, amazingly enough it does not magically appear out of a rabbit's hat.

This entire forum is not big enough to list all the unsafe moronic things that drivers of 4 wheelers pull.

You should thank every driver you meet for making it possible for you to put on your wah panties and put gas in your car, food on your table and deliver the ingredients that makes your toothpaste........

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
[list=1][*]A big rig in the right lane struggles to make it up a hill, okay fine. But then the big rig behind that struggling big rig gets into the left lane and then struggles to pass the rig on the right effectively clogging the highway.
I was driving on I-80 in Pennsylvania in the middle of the night and on about 8 occasions came upon two semis in the right lane and the semi in the back just had to move into the left lane right as I was about to pass them both, could not let me get by before driving his truck 57 MPH in the left lane to pass a truck driving 56 MPH in the right lane. They could learn some consideration for sure.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:32 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Most truckers are courteous safe drivers but, recently in my lil corner of the world there have been several big rig accidents. Of course I5 is a disaster at times which is why we avoid it especially around Seatlle where if you don't have a cell phone in one hand and a latte in the other, you are the problem.

I talked to a trucker recently who told me that you would not believe what he sees from his cab whenever a car is along side him. Some is definitely X-rated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive