Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 12:39 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times

Advertisements

OP has 22 posts and all dealing with her worthless bf and bf's son. Get a clue lady, dump em both and get the van back, or continue to be used and eventually you will pay a heavy price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 12:42 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
OP has 22 posts and all dealing with her worthless bf and bf's son. Get a clue lady, dump em both and get the van back, or continue to be used and eventually you will pay a heavy price.
Some people just do not learn even if they are hit over the head with it...

Old 10-17-2015, 01:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitegal74 View Post
I am paying car insurance for my Nissan Cube car and van. I have a car payment on the Nissan Cube car. The van is paid off. I am paying full coverage for the Nissan cube car, $70 and partial coverage for the van, $30 . My boyfriend give me the money for van to drive it to work. He is letting his son drive the van which is in my name. I told him last month that I wanted my name off the van title and get it transferred to his name to protect my driving record. I don't want his son driving the van because I know that I will be responsible for any driving mistakes he make. My boyfriend talk to his son and told him that he need to get the title transferred to his name to pay the car insurance for the van now if he want to drive it.

I don't feel comfortable having that van in my name and knowing that his son is driving it. His son was supposed to pay the car insurance 2 weeks ago but he came up with the excuse that he had to get a new cellphone. I told my boyfriend that the van need to be returned until the van title get transferred out of my name. My boyfriend had to remind him again yesterday to pay him the car insurance money because he paid it out of his paycheck. His son still have the van and parked it at his girlfriend's house out of town. It is supposed to be parked at my house where I got it insured for.

I am trying to get this van title out of name. My boyfriend told me yesterday that he will get it transferred to his name and pay for the car insurance. I told my boyfriend that he need to get that van back for himself to drive to work. I need my Nissan Cube car to go to work now that the weather is going to get colder for winter. I am thinking about dropping the van from the car insurance so that my boyfriend and his son can see that I can't afford to risk my driving record. I can't afford to pay car insurance for both cars anymore. My Nissan Cube car is more important than the van.
Don't drop the van off your insurance. It won't make a difference about liability you will still be liable because it's IN YOUR name.

So what you do is go get the van back with the other set of keys that you have. Then send a text that he is not allowed to drive YOUR vehicle. If he takes it it will be called in stolen. You take him down to AAA or DMV and get the title changed. DONT expect him to go do it on his own. He's gonna ride this gravy train for all its worth.
Why do people let stuff like this go on. Stop telling him you're gonna a do this and that he needs to pay for this and that. He doesn't care. And it's glaringly obvious his priorities are very different than yours. I mean his phone was more important than paying insurance. Why? Because you paid it anyway. Take action on your own. The BF seems to be powerless about making his son do anything.

You know what I do when I give or sell a car? It goes out of my name that day. That's it. There is no negotiation. I've been in your situation. That ship sailed.

Old 10-17-2015, 01:40 PM

505 posts, read 847,835 times

Old 10-17-2015, 02:50 PM

61 posts, read 59,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Some people just do not learn even if they are hit over the head with it...
I did learn from my mistakes. I told his son that he can't stay at my house if he can't help pay rent. He left. I didn't know that he was going to take the van. I told his dad that his son have no right to the van because it is not in his name and he is not paying car insurance. I am going to send his son a text and said that I will report the van stolen if is not returned. Then I will go to the police and show them the van title proving that I am the owner. I think they will tell him that he have to returned it. Maybe that make him realize that I am not the person he can't use and take advantage of.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:39 PM

734 posts, read 920,400 times
You go girl! You have to do it and DO IT!

Old 10-17-2015, 06:08 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Excellent, PetiteGal . . .

Without sounding overly harsh . . . quit talking about it and DO IT TODAY.

The longer you "think about it" and "put it off" the more difficult it becomes. Each hour / day he continues to drive the van you are taking a very serious risk.

Keep in mind, you are not helping either your Boyfriend or his Son . . . you are ENABLING them.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:40 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
If the son took the van without asking, he already stole it. And you asked for it back and it never came back? I'd report it to police right now.

I was in a similar situation once. Was dating a loser and he was using one of my cars. I needed it back one day and discovered cigarette burns all over the interior, skis had gone through the dash, the hatch was dented and the mirror was ripped off. I'm sure he also drove it drunk. He had an excuse for EVERY blemish he caused and the scary thing was he had done this in a matter of 2 months or so.

My ultimatum was that he was going to buy it from me and I was going to buy another car for myself. Unfortunately for me, his credit was in the tank so his payments were worse than what mine were, and I used part of my own downpayment on my new car to keep his payments lower (he was a loser and I was an idiot, I admit it). I also cosigned the loan (did I mention I was an idiot? I really wanted my new car!). Then came the insurance issue. Because he had multiple DUIs he was on special insurance which was over $2000/yr. He had another old car (not reliable) and cried poverty and begged me to keep it on my insurance which he'd pay. And he did, but I continually lived in fear that he'd get in an accident in it under my name. Because the insurance was in my name, so was the registration.

And therein lies the key - after months of him promising to get everything changed over yet not doing it, I finally called a state cop who looked up the registration and simply said this: it's registered in your name therefore it's your car. You can walk up to it anywhere and open it with your spare key and drive away. As long as you don't break into a structure to do so, you are within your right to drive your car.

Armed with that knowledge, I gathered a couple of people and we attempted to recover the car from his yard. That failed miserably, but not long after I got info from him that he left it at work on the weekends so that he could go out and drink in his own car. Bingo! Got a ride to his work on a Saturday night, took the car to another state and hid it in a friends garage for awhile, and resold it.

Get that car out of that kids hands NOW. Not worth the risk.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:28 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
If the son took the van without asking, he already stole it. And you asked for it back and it never came back? I'd report it to police right now.

Get that car out of that kids hands NOW. Not worth the risk.
I agree. The son stole your car. Report it to the police.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:59 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
To the OP.
Take the plates off the van. Notify your insurance company that you have taken it off the road. These people do not respect you or listen to you. I have not read all of the posts and do not know what your living arrangement is, but you my need to also find new living accommodations. In the long run you will be better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive