Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 08:25 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times

Advertisements

#1 Annoyance: People who don't use their turn signals
#2 Annoyance: People who use them but forget to turn them off and blinking for the next 10 miles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,545 times
-pulling into traffic causing me to slam on my brakes not to rear end you especially when there is no one behind me and you have all year to safely pull into traffic. Same goes for turning right on red into traffic when there is a steady stream of cars that already have the right of way. Can you not wait 10 more seconds til traffic has stopped?

-distracted driving be it cell phones, radio whatever. This morning I missed a green light cuz the woman in front of me was fumbling around trying to light a cigarette.

-pets in the driver seat. Saw it this morning too. I get it. You love your dog, but in rush hour traffic your pet should not be sitting in your lap while you are driving blocking your view and half hanging out the driver side window. I''m not talking about fluffy the purse dog size. I'm talking Cujo.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:44 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,539,560 times
What about the drivers that DARE be driving around when I have things to do (go to work, grocery shopping, or just good ol' cruising around)

DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM!!!???!? Tell ya what....you all STAY HOME while i'm out and about. I will mass text everyone once i'm at my chosen destination. You will then be free to move about the city.

Another text will be sent when i'm ready to drive again. Simply STAY WHERE YOU ARE until i'm safely in my garage.

Thanks!

Old 10-19-2015, 08:46 AM

589 posts, read 696,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
#2 Annoyance: People who use them but forget to turn them off and blinking for the next 10 miles
Made even worse when the driver is a swerver.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:01 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Annoying? Head lights. One headlight HID and the other one for some reason looking like a 30 yo Silvania one. HID one is usually aligned so that it shoots like an airplane projector - and into your eyes.
Driving behind you with high beams on, them being HIDs.
Trucks with HIDs, loaded up their ars, so that now those HIDs are more suitable for antiaircraft canons.
Or, and the new one. Light bars. Was just side swiped in darkness by beam of that mother. Blinded for a minute or so.
There is some sort of psychological thing here with redneck beat up cars and head lights.
Headlights. Seems like a lot of people have forgotten how to check and adjust how they are aimed...and it's been a long time since I've seen an inspection station check this.

Some headlights have gotten too bright too, and it's even worse when they are not aimed correctly. More and more lately I get blinded by on-coming vehicles, sometimes so badly that I actually have to stop completely until they have gone by because I can't see at all. Sometimes it's people behind, and even with the mirror dimmed they're still too bright, and the side mirrors don't dim at all- if you see me going slower, and slower, and slower, it's because you are blinding me and I'm trying to get you to pass me, I'll come to a complete stop if that's what it takes to get the message across. And it seems that some imbeciles think it isn't necessary to dim their lights when traveling on a divided highway- news flash, those few feet of median doesn't hide your brights, and the people ahead of you don't really appreciate it either.

Driving lights- morons by them and install them, some of them are marked "For off-road or show use only" (not legal for street use) but they don't seem to care...and they don't know how to aim *those* either (should be aimed 2" below the height of the mount point at 25').

Ultra-bright flashers on cop cars- some are way too bright now. On more than one occasion I have nearly driven right into a cruiser because those flashing lights have screwed my eyes up so badly...and for some reason there is some odd psychological tendency that causes one to drive straight at them? I know they don't want to get whacked...but it's gone too far.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:03 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,763,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Headlights. Seems like a lot of people have forgotten how to check and adjust how they are aimed...and it's been a long time since I've seen an inspection station check this.
HID headlights (at least the factory installed ones) are generally auto-leveling.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:08 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,733,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post

Some headlights have gotten too bright too, and it's even worse when they are not aimed correctly. More and more lately I get blinded by on-coming vehicles, sometimes so badly that I actually have to stop completely until they have gone by because I can't see at all. Sometimes it's people behind, and even with the mirror dimmed they're still too bright, and the side mirrors don't dim at all- if you see me going slower, and slower, and slower, it's because you are blinding me and I'm trying to get you to pass me, I'll come to a complete stop if that's what it takes to get the message across. And it seems that some imbeciles think it isn't necessary to dim their lights when traveling on a divided highway- news flash, those few feet of median doesn't hide your brights, and the people ahead of you don't really appreciate it either.

Driving lights- morons by them and install them, some of them are marked "For off-road or show use only" (not legal for street use) but they don't seem to care...and they don't know how to aim *those* either (should be aimed 2" below the height of the mount point at 25').

Ultra-bright flashers on cop cars- some are way too bright now. On more than one occasion I have nearly driven right into a cruiser because those flashing lights have screwed my eyes up so badly...and for some reason there is some odd psychological tendency that causes one to drive straight at them? I know they don't want to get whacked...but it's gone too far.
Aftermarket HID kits installed in halogen housings will always glare no matter how you aim them. It will spray out the light pattern in any and every direction. So yes, those should NEVER be used. But if you install them in projector housings you do get better light control where there is a distinct light cutoff.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:26 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,208,126 times
-people talking on their phones while driving. even if you think you're driving okay, you're driving like ****
-not using turn signals
-left lane slowpokes
-double parkers
-people that pass and then cut me off
-people that stop instead of yielding on a highway onramp
-people that will sit there without moving for several seconds after a light turns green
-people that drive 5-10mph below the speed limit and then finally use their turn signal when they are literally right on top of the turn. this happens all the time.
-people that tailgate me when I am already doing 10-15mph past the speed limit. if you are so close behind me that I cant see your headlights, get off my ***
-people that will pass me like they are in such a hurry and then come to a stop at a red light right as I am pulling up.
-SUV/f150 drivers that think they own the road.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 AM

899 posts, read 1,015,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclasser View Post
Oh look, another one of these threads.
This - get over it, frankly.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
The other night I was on 95 here in Maryland and some dork to my left and slightly ahead of me put on his blinker. I slowed down to allow him to merge even though there was enough space initially. He then slowed, I passed, and he merged behind me. A second later he turned on his high beams and followed me for about a mile or so. When he eventually passed on my right not only did he give me the meanest look ever but dude was also on his phone.

What irks me is that if this dude just glanced quickly over his right shoulder like we are all taught to do then he would have seen there was enough room for him to merge in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
1. Driving all the way to the merge point, then forcing their way into the line of traffic.
This annoys me too if I sense the driver is only doing it to merge in a few car lengths up. However, if traffic is not letting you merge whatcha gonna do? People around here (Maryland/DC) act as though not allowing a fellow driver to merge is the one and only Commandment from God; they simply will not allow it even if there is plenty of space for them to do so. It's no wonder why there are so many accidents around here every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive