U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:52 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,128,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Exactly what year, make, and model of car do you drive that does not illuminate the speedometer as soon as the car is started?

A lot of vehicles don't illuminate the instrument cluster on start up, including my 2015 Jeep Wrangler. But both my Korean vehicles are always lit up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 02:09 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,108,397 times
One evening my roommate and I were coming home from the store. Someone pulled up alongside us and I caught them gesturing wildly out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought they were just crazy, but being crazy myself, I rolled down the window and the lady screamed "your lights aren't on!" My roommate checked and sure enough, he didn't have his lights on. Thankfully we hadn't gone far and it was a well-lit area. I just thought it was hilarious that the woman made such an effort to let him know.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:14 PM

35 posts, read 27,089 times
I see this happen all the time. In the area I live in, some streets are well lit so many people often don't realize their headlights are off. If a cop didn't stop you on the spot, nothing will happen. If someone were to report you, the cops probably would act like they're doing something about it and then laugh in the face of whoever reported it.
Also, there must be obvious evidence that you were the one driving the car in order for you to get in "trouble". For all the cops know, someone could've been borrowing your car or something like that.

Don't worry about it

Old 01-28-2016, 04:17 PM

213 posts, read 239,228 times
You were probably waiting for someone to flash their high-beams so you could follow and then kill them as part of your gang initiation. Happens all the time.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:21 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
But, you honk or flash your brights; you don't call the fuzz, no?
Of course not. But I have called 911 when following an obviously drunk driver. I followed one for about half an hour one time, while on the phone with dispatch, and a cop never showed up. The guy was running off the road and taking up two lanes, so there was no question he was bombed.

But for no headlights, never.

Don

Old 01-28-2016, 05:08 PM

2,441 posts, read 1,937,806 times
If someone noticed your lights weren't on and spent the time and effort to not your rego without spending half a second flashing you, then they are a rare arsehole of the highest order.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:25 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,587,436 times
Well until you admitted it in a public forum, it would have been impossible to be found guilty. Just think it through, how would they prove it? You realize that a citizens word is not the end of the story in court? This is just silly, or you are very young. However, now that you have publicly admitted guilt in a public forum that has long since been indexed, your confession is forever out there. Of course nothing will come of it, but you need to think before you write. Had this been a more serious issue, you just handed the DA a victory.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:44 PM

3,305 posts, read 9,519,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
Had this been a more serious issue, you just handed the DA a victory.
Hyperbolic much? Where did this individual state the details of their legal identity? Maybe the DA will just end up with the IP address of some coffee shop with free WiFi or some poor sap with no protection on their network. OP is no doubt not all there, but you are full of it.. once again.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:20 PM

25,583 posts, read 31,827,160 times
An attorney is not going to waste his time with a petty offense.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:30 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,587,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Hyperbolic much? Where did this individual state the details of their legal identity? Maybe the DA will just end up with the IP address of some coffee shop with free WiFi or some poor sap with no protection on their network. OP is no doubt not all there, but you are full of it.. once again.
Ahhh I have a fan!

While being in such a hurry to attack me, you completely missed the point. The ignorance of your post speaks volumes about your overall credibility. It doesn't even warrant an explanation as you would surely be in such a hurry to rebuke me that you would again miss the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or