Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 06:09 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,784,742 times

Advertisements

Really, this question doesn't deserve an answer but I will say that if you were injured because of you lack of not getting this replaced, you would be posting a question as to "how can I sue the vehicle manufacture"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 06:10 AM

242 posts, read 244,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I just had my Accord done over the winter break. It only takes a couple of hours but the Stealership blocks out 4 hours just in case. Honda of America pays up to $60 for a rental car, so i got to drive a free rental car around for the day
Ok, so if Honda is paying for the rental, the op should be fine and just get it done. It solves the "being without a car" issue.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:54 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,332,782 times
When your air bag kills you, I'll be sure to nominate you for the Darwin Award you'd so rightly deserve.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:30 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
When your air bag kills you, I'll be sure to nominate you for the Darwin Award you'd so rightly deserve.
And the posters on this thread continue to look out for me! Much appreciated!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:32 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
And the posters on this thread continue to look out for me! Much appreciated!

What I can't figure out, since this is a recall, why you care so much that the dealer might "make" money on it. So what.

If they try to have you do other service while it's there just say no thanks (unless it's something it needs anyway like an oil change).

Old 01-31-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What I can't figure out, since this is a recall, why you care so much that the dealer might "make" money on it. So what.

If they try to have you do other service while it's there just say no thanks (unless it's something it needs anyway like an oil change).
I'm pretty sure I've made it clear that I'm not worried, per se, about the dealer making money. Dealers are going to make money. That's a given. I was curious as to the aggressive nature of their communication efforts regarding this particular recall. Please see my earlier post.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:17 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,332,782 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've made it clear that I'm not worried, per se, about the dealer making money. Dealers are going to make money. That's a given. I was curious as to the aggressive nature of their communication efforts regarding this particular recall. Please see my earlier post.
I'm pretty sure people answers that question, multiple times. They are aggressive because a recall on an air bag is a big safety concern.

If their calls bother you that much, next time tell them to stop calling.

Is your car a lease by any chance?

Old 01-31-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
If their calls bother you that much, next time tell them to stop calling.

Is your car a lease by any chance?
I never said the calls bother me. I was just curious why the dealer was so aggressive in contacting me about this recall.

The car is not a lease. And as posted previously, I made an appointment with the dealer to get this fixed tomorrow.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times
I think the OP should ask a different question - like why do Honda and the dealer care more about the health and safety of his family than he does?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 PM

964 posts, read 993,801 times
Quote:
I live in Northern Virginia and I own a 2004 Honda Accord. I had the airbag replaced (driver's side I guess?) once. So they came out with another airbag recall (passenger side I think) and the dealership has been VERY persistent in getting me in to fix it. In the past month and half they have called me at least a dozen times, and sent me multiple emails.

I'm curious why. I've never had a dealership be this aggressive in getting me into get a recall item fixed. Is it because they'll make more money on this kind of fix?
It must be a local thing with that dealership. I got the passenger-side bag recall notice in the mail like 6 months ago, and haven't heard from them since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive